• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PJFT & PRTC Q's

ryan51290

LAC
I've got my limited medical this week to tie up some loose ends on my medical records, and I know that my PJFT isn't going to be long after that, as I'm prebooked for PRTC mid August I believe, however I'm struggling a bit with hitting 35 press-ups, with my PB coming at 28, can anyone suggest some good techniques that I could follow that may have helped them in some way?

Furthermore, I want to get everything prepared ASAP, so is there anywhere I can find an up-to-date kit list for PRTC at Halton?

Thanks

briggfairy

Sergeant
a nice simple way is simply to do more press ups, for example everytime you walk through a doorway do a quick ten, you'll soon build up the strength you need, as an aside are you sure your not getting press ups and sit ups mixed up? 35 is the pass mark for sit ups

ryan51290

LAC
a nice simple way is simply to do more press ups, for example everytime you walk through a doorway do a quick ten, you'll soon build up the strength you need, as an aside are you sure your not getting press ups and sit ups mixed up? 35 is the pass mark for sit ups

So sorry my mistake, I meant I'm struggling with 35 sit ups. I've just hit the gym pretty hard and after my run and some heavy weight low rep work I managed 31 in a minute, so I'm not far off the pace, I'll take your advice and start spontaneously jumping to the floor and doing a quick 10! I think on the day adrenaline should carry me through as well but I'm not going to rely on that!

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
So sorry my mistake, I meant I'm struggling with 35 sit ups. I've just hit the gym pretty hard and after my run and some heavy weight low rep work I managed 31 in a minute, so I'm not far off the pace, I'll take your advice and start spontaneously jumping to the floor and doing a quick 10! I think on the day adrenaline should carry me through as well but I'm not going to rely on that!

Mate, working with weights isn't going to be a massive help to you as press-ups rely on different sets of muscles working in a different way. Weights work will build up your strength but the best way to build on the number of press ups is to do press ups. Sounds obvious but it's pretty much true.

Have a look at this site. It's a bit extreme in its aims (after all, it's building you up to do 100!) but it will start you off and will get you to where you want to be. You're getting to 31, a bit more effort will sort you out.

http://www.hundredpushups.com/index.html#sthash.K2NbPs6a.dpbs