• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photogs Forum

S92

LAC
Hey! Photogs now have their own forum on the Goat, so come on all you flashers, let's be hearing from you.
As a first one from me, D3 is coming!
And to the gentleman yesterday who asked what trade group we are, it's TG14 and to the gent who responded with menial, wait till you have to get your pic taken again!!!
Or maybe you are only used to having your pic taken against a white wall, with a board in front of you, and taken in left profile, right profile and head on! And accompanied by having your fingerprints taken!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
And to the gentleman yesterday who asked what trade group we are, it's TG14 and to the gent who responded with menial, wait till you have to get your pic taken again!!

I was the "Menial" respondant and i will never need your services again thank feck.....how to make a trade so hard...look at the photogs....

Crack on...........:pDT_Xtremez_09:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Not alot of fotogs around at the moment. Spread the word S92, word of mouth does wonders.....

Matzos

LAC
There are Photogs and there are true Photogs.

I'm speaking of the Air Photog (sorry to all the young photogs, they may never of heard of an Air Photog), not the cravat wearing photographer who walks around shouting "Oh yes Baby, work for me"

The Air Photog who produces 40"x40" prints from film and not 8"x6"'s from digital :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Air Photogs are now a dieing breed, once out numbering the "Photo G", then came the death of "wet film" photo reconnaissance they started to lose the will to live, some even in a panic transferred to the darkside - Intelligence Analyst (and doing very well by all accounts), some looked at the devil and became Ground Photographers. :pDT_Xtremez_32:

But there are still some of use Air Photogs around, hiding in the back rooms, under beds, still spreading the work of the only true book - AP 112P-0001-1 (Chap1-12 ,5-2 and Chap 7 always make me shed tears, thats the chapters Photo G's always missed)

I sit and await S92's reply :pDT_Xtremez_23: "Oh yes Baby, work for me", sorry say cheese! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

flintwich

Corporal

I'm speaking of the Air Photog (sorry to all the young photogs, they may never of heard of an Air Photog), not the cravat wearing photographer who walks around shouting "Oh yes Baby, work for me"

The Air Photog who produces 40"x40" prints from film and not 8"x6"'s from digital :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Air Photogs are now a dieing breed, once out numbering the "Photo G", then came the death of "wet film" photo reconnaissance they started to lose the will to live, some even in a panic transferred to the darkside - Intelligence Analyst (and doing very well by all accounts), some looked at the devil and became Ground Photographers. :pDT_Xtremez_32:

But there are still some of use Air Photogs around, hiding in the back rooms, under beds, still spreading the work of the only true book - AP 112P-0001-1 (Chap1-12 ,5-2 and Chap 7 always make me shed tears, thats the chapters Photo G's always missed)

I sit and await S92's reply :pDT_Xtremez_23: "Oh yes Baby, work for me", sorry say cheese! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

You mean you didn't take redundancy?

S92

LAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzos

The Air Photog who produces 40"x40" prints from film and not 8"x6"'s from digital

Air Photogs are now a dieing breed, once out numbering the "Photo G", then came the death of "wet film" photo reconnaissance they started to lose the will to live, some even in a panic transferred to the darkside - Intelligence Analyst (and doing very well by all accounts), some looked at the devil and became Ground Photographers.

I sit and await S92's reply "Oh yes Baby, work for me", sorry say cheese!

Well, well, Matzos, where do I start?
Firstly, as a real photographer, and not one of those who used to be up to their elbows in dev and fix all day long, whilst being able to moan and complain neverendingly, I personally have never gone in for wearing a cravat and certainly have never said in my life - "Oh yes Baby, work for me" ! I'm more of a tie or open collar man who prefers to encourage his subjects more along the lines of " well, do you want this picture taken or not?" You know, people skills stuff!
Secondly, you summed up the air photog exactly when you said, "hiding in the back rooms, under beds". I would probably have used the word skulking. But then as an air phot, you probably haven't worked up to big words yet!
And lastly, we certainly don't say" cheese" any more. In this modern day, we are much more likely to say"camembert or brie"
15 love, I think.
Over to you!

What's an "Air Photog"?

Unless you mean that made up name that took the original trade of Photographer and diluted it into ACF, PPA and Photo G with APO's as the base level.

P

pie sandwich

I thought I would post here because I am after a few pointers on taking pictures, if I do say so myself I am ok but I would very much like to improve my ability to take the picture that makes you say "wow" or at least "thats not half bad"

here is two examples of my best pics so far, a third can be seen here

cottagesnowresize.JPG

This is the other one

sunset.JPG

I would like any good or bad points on these pics. They are the two that I consider the best of what I have ever taken. So any ideas on how to improve them would be great.

cheers

P

photog39

Yes i was on 39. and a sploosher untill the Amalgamation but never really need more than a point and shoot most of the time. Still enjoy banter with the former scummy G's but we 're all photogs now.

F

FastMouse1

:pDT_Xtremez_44:

Cravat wearing Poofs and scummy plotters! Never! When Air Phots Died so did I!

At least theres more cash on the Darker....non scummy side of TG14!

Kryten

Warrant Officer
:pDT_Xtremez_44:

Cravat wearing Poofs and scummy plotters! Never! When Air Phots Died so did I!

At least theres more cash on the Darker....non scummy side of TG14!

typical bloody Photogs......always moaning!!!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

flintwich

Corporal
Suddenly its 1992, and I'm in the RIC(NI) bar watching Creature do his Dance of the Flaming A**eholes again....

Those halcyon days of never ending colour prints of bessbrook mill for that brownjob to sell and lose his career and pension.
Playing spoof for a sh!t sandwich in our high class condemned dog kennel accommodation.
Life was never so good.
Look at us now, we never had it so good.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Those halcyon days of never ending colour prints of bessbrook mill for that brownjob to sell and lose his career and pension.
Playing spoof for a sh!t sandwich in our high class condemned dog kennel accommodation.
Life was never so good.
Look at us now, we never had it so good.

Them were happy days....coming in in the morning and hearing Geordie's dulcet tones blasting out of the print shop....the camera bay guys and their constant pool playing.....a certain Flt lt with his Star Trek fetishes....happy days indeed

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Image 1 is underexposed - look at the lack of 'pop' in the snow and the inability to see in the shadow of the house. Alter EV to compensate.

image 2 is fine if you like viewing 'Contre Jour' and accept 100% flare.

Only an opinion of a true TG1.
xx