• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pesky Adverts

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Is there anyway I can stop these pop ups and pesky Adverts or are they a way of making money for the site.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The Goat makes money from the adverts. I suppose if subscription was made compulsory and it didn't adversely affect the number of users then it might be possible to remove the ads. Disclaimer... You'd have to ask the management for confirmation of this info.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Is there anyway I can stop these pop ups and pesky Adverts or are they a way of making money for the site.

Unfortunately, we have to rely on ads to keep the site as a "free" as possible and without personal expense to the people who use it.

We are hoping to bring back a subscription service whereby paid up members go ad free.