• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Persec

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fathairyfairy

I'm confused. on trawling through some of the threads round here, I keep seeing references to PERSEC. Now I joined up in the middle of the Northern Ireland troubles and whilst I don't think we as servicemen and women are in as much danger today as then, there still remains a threat.

Which brings me to the main point. We keep being reminded by members of this site to remember PERSEC, but:

THERE IS A PHOTOGRAPH OF SERVING MEMBERS OF THE RAF PRESENTING A CHEQUE ON THE HOME PAGE!!!

I wouldn't mind, but it seems others have been chastised for this.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
I'm confused. on trawling through some of the threads round here, I keep seeing references to PERSEC. Now I joined up in the middle of the Northern Ireland troubles and whilst I don't think we as servicemen and women are in as much danger today as then, there still remains a threat.

Which brings me to the main point. We keep being reminded by members of this site to remember PERSEC, but:

THERE IS A PHOTOGRAPH OF SERVING MEMBERS OF THE RAF PRESENTING A CHEQUE ON THE HOME PAGE!!!

I wouldn't mind, but it seems others have been chastised for this.

You should know by now...there is one rule for US and one rule for the management....end of. (It will always be his way)

Crack on..............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

A

Albert Park

You should know by now...there is one rule for US and one rule for the management....end of. (It will always be his way)

Nearly Tashy_Man...... there's one rule for us and as many rules as they need for them.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Having a few beers tonight boys? An innocent question suddenly turns into a mod bashing thread.:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Having a few beers tonight boys? An innocent question suddenly turns into a mod bashing thread.:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Not at all...just saying what we see.....................obviously now a MOD has appeared on the scene the question will be answered and the thread closed

Crack on...................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Or not if MC is not up to the job !!

Last edited:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I thought PERSEC was an individual thing, if your happy to have your image/name linked openly to the web it's your choice. PERSEC violations are when people put OTHER people's names up, possibly without their consent !

After all and as incredible as it may seem, some folks just don't want to be associated with our happy family :pDT_Xtremez_15:

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
hadnt thought about it before but fhf does have point persec is about protecting your own identidy hence why we all have random user names

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
Persec is always an issue and it can be difficult to know where to draw the line. The serving members in the photo both agreed to having their photo on the home page as it helps awarness of the charity. People have been chastised in the past for putting photos of others without their permission on here or contact details in public view.

If FHF, TM or AP wish to put their mug shots on here themselves feel free,

But hey why let that spoil the chance of a good old mod bashing.

And there are only two rules

1 Admin/Mods are always right.
2. If Admin/Mods are wrong rule 1 applies. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Crack on

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
hadnt thought about it before but fhf does have point persec is about protecting your own identidy hence why we all have random user names

And they have elected to allow their faces to be shown. Their identity their choice. Warnings have been given in the past for breaching someone else's PERSEC. think about it, would you want someone plastering your name across a thread.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Persec is always an issue and it can be difficult to know where to draw the line. The serving members in the photo both agreed to having their photo on the home page as it helps awarness of the charity. People have been chastised in the past for putting photos of others without their permission on here or contact details in public view.

If FHF, TM or AP wish to put their mug shots on here themselves feel free,

But hey why let that spoil the chance of a good old mod bashing.

And there are only two rules

1 Admin/Mods are always right.
2. If Admin/Mods are wrong rule 1 applies. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Crack on

Come on Bitty don't sploil my fun....I enjoy a bit of Mod bashing every now and than....been a while since i let rip !!!!

I will abide by the rules and really dont think the world is ready for my face displayed in full.......maybe in time .

Keep up the good work guys (admins/mods) I will keep you on your toes.....

Crack on......................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Awwwww tashy man has a friend :)

Persec is about publishing details of other people, if you as a person want your own picture plastered up or your own details crack on thats your choice but as a mod team we need to protect others Persec. Now get back in your boxes with your beers and have a play together.

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek

And in every copy of the RAF News which you can buy in WH Smiths oh yeah and the New Years Honours List, and them sods outside Buck House in Uniform not forgetting those guys on the News. If we'd published your or someone elses picture and ID without permission then you'd have a point but Wobbly and I chose to do it - our business end of:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Awwwww tashy man has a friend :)

Persec is about publishing details of other people, if you as a person want your own picture plastered up or your own details crack on thats your choice but as a mod team we need to protect others Persec. Now get back in your boxes with your beers and have a play together.

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Awwww come on Chip....you and me know "I have no friends" just acquaintances !!

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hey Tashy,

How come you're always STILL on here? I thought you were firmly attatched to a floaty thing? Have you retired again?

Status
Not open for further replies.