• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pension splitting issues after divorce

• Thread starter Cheeky-Chopper-Chipper
  • Start date

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Mememe, i have it on good authority if you empty the bank account's its theft, if she emptie's the bank account's it's theft.

If however you spend the money on say a ferrari, or gold sovereigns(small easy to hide and return to cash at a later date) or a deposit on an abode and rent for as many month's as you are able, just a couple of ideas but im sure you get the jist! then it is not theft and the onus is on her to find where the money went.

Im sorry i am passing on this advice because of your circumstances, i feel for you and hope you can protect yourself.:pDT_Xtremez_25:

what would happen if he only empties 1/2 the account.

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Once an account has been made joint neither party has the right to make it sole again. Any reasonable expenditure is deemed to be for the benefit of both parties. Regardless of in whom's name they are registered, any savings or debts belong to you both. Legally, she can take your savings to pay off her debts if your case went to court as all savings and credit purchases are deemed to be for the benefit of you both unless it can be proved they were unreasonable, frivolous or malicous.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I feel for you mate. What are you going to do about the parking fine. Does she know it's there.

We can all offer advice in other situations but at times like this you don't know what to say.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
I am in a similar situation, wife plans to walk out as soon as kids are back in school. I have to take the blame for this as it's because I kept putting the RAF before them, I have tried to change my priorities and this is working however, I fear it is too late to save the marriage of 17 years. No one else is involved on my part, not sure about her though (she denies this but I have a gut feeling)
My question is, she stated that our marriage all but finished 5 years ago (news to me) coupled with the fact that she insisted I get the chop 18 months ago! Can I use this comment in defence of my pension? Also, we have 2 joint accounts, both were in my name initially and I added her. Does this make me the principal account holder? Can I get her taken off the accounts without her knowledge/authorisation? I get a feeling she is going to empty these accounts and transfer the £ into her named account, I have some evidence of this plan.
This is singley the most upsetting period of my life, I have gone through every emotion (currently anger) and I also get the impression she is enjoying seeing me in the gutter like this. I don't see anyway back so just need to protect what I have. I have no debts but she does in her own name.
Grateful for any advice. Thanks.

I can sympathise with that, I wouldn't be able to live in the same house.