• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pension increase 2021

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I am aware that the CPI rate given for Sep 2020 was 0.5%.
Do we normally receive confirmation 'in written communication' that the Govt will give that value in the following April application, or is it a fixed policy which needs no communication to members?
I seem to recall in the past, getting a letter saying that the CPI rate would be added.

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
The way I understand it is that Equiniti Paymaster write to pensioners when their pension rate changes (eg: tax code alteration, rise etc) so, yes, I would expect you to receive notification about the time you get your P60.

stereolab

Station Cashier
The way I understand it is that Equiniti Paymaster write to pensioners when their pension rate changes (eg: tax code alteration, rise etc) so, yes, I would expect you to receive notification about the time you get your P60.
Are Equiniti still the MOD Paymasters? 2 e-mails to them and I have had no response, most unusual, as Equiniti were first class providers.

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
Yes, Equiniti Paymaster are still the paying agent for AFPS pensions. I have heard from veterans via the Veterans Gateway who have had the same experience as you - no replies to emails. Have you tried ringing? 0345 121 2514

stereolab

Station Cashier
Yes, Equiniti Paymaster are still the paying agent for AFPS pensions. I have heard from veterans via the Veterans Gateway who have had the same experience as you - no replies to emails. Have you tried ringing? 0345 121 2514
I live in Thailand but will give that number a try,thanks. I did not receive a P60 last year, nor did `I receive their excellent 2 page A4 glossy which gives current relevant regulations and addresses. Looking to ensure my wife has up to date information available, just in case.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Spot on Vauxhall !
Today received both the Pension Letter confirming the 0.5%, alongside the P60.

foxOneFive

Corporal
Same here, the pension system has never missed a beat since my first payment, quality service.
Agree. As an old fart of now 57, my paperwork arrived a fortnight ago with a monthly increase of £7.50p a month.....A free pint and a half a month, no complaints apart from freezing my buttress off drinking it in this never ending north easterly wind!

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Anyone partly consumed by trend analysis of the UK CPI Rate may be interested to note the recent upward trend (May now released at 2.1%). From a mercenary perspective, a continued upward curve would be good for September's release. Just to come back down to earth with a bump however, the RPI stands at 3.8%. Wonder why we never stayed on that eh...

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
For the proper KOS crowd amongst us (I'm still way to young) if this is right your state pension is going to get a nice boost.

"Retired people could see a bumper rise in the state pension next year, according to official forecasters. Predictions suggest that the link with earnings growth could mean an 8% rise in the amount paid from April 2022. That would cost the government £3bn more than previously expected, according to the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR)".

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
As an optimist and they don’t mess it up before I get there, then this rise might still be embedded by the time I get to relax, if I survive that long.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Happy to let that accumulate for the next 3.5yrs until I collect it; just as long as the Govt don't decide to pull the plug. I'm happy with any +value on CPI at the moment.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Happy to let that accumulate for the next 3.5yrs until I collect it; just as long as the Govt don't decide to pull the plug. I'm happy with any +value on CPI at the moment.
1 February 2025 for state pension, and the same for a bus pass.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Summer 2025 is when my state pension will be payable, but i will have contributed enough (making up for all the years I've been in the MOD and was 'contracted out' ) by autumn 2024ish. Do I want to keep working after then & paying NI that isn't going to increase my pension at all...??? You guess!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
NI payments stop on earned income when you get to state pension age, another Ker Ching.

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
Busy is absolutely right. No more NI - so, effectively, a big pay rise.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
My point was that I don't intend to keep working past state pension age and, hopefully. not even up until then if it means that the NI I would be paying wasn't going to contribute anything further to my state pension. I know that NI is also a factor in eligibility for some other benefits (no recent NI = no benefits) but where i am unsighted at the moment is just which benefits they may be and whether working (or claiming the dole) is actually worth it once I have earned my full state pension.