• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pension & gratuity

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Just a quick question in the hope someone will know.......

Have been out since early feb, pension has been paid on same day (22nd) every month without fail and thats not the problem.......the problem is the amount has not been the same twice. Feb i assumed because it was not a full month and they adjusted it. March I thought was about right and now today yet again it has gone down again.

I just assumed (yeah yeah i know) it would be a constant value each month (or is that too much to hope for ?)

Anyone in a similar position and can anyone explain why ?

If not i'll have to ring them on Thursday when i get back.

Crack on................Tashy
I get the same every month as i use my tax allowance against the pension ( pay all the tax on my wages). The pension is paid in arrears, could it be something to do with your tax code.

The advantage of using the tax allowance against my pension is that I know i'm going to get the same amount every month even if i change jobs.

I did make the mistake of thinking that the tax office would sort my tax codes out when i got my first job when I left. I ended up having two lots of allowances, they caught up with me and had to pay the tax back. Pleaded poverty so they let me pay over the 2 years.

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
I get the same every month as i use my tax allowance against the pension ( pay all the tax on my wages). The pension is paid in arrears, could it be something to do with your tax code.

The advantage of using the tax allowance against my pension is that I know i'm going to get the same amount every month even if i change jobs.

I did make the mistake of thinking that the tax office would sort my tax codes out when i got my first job when I left......

Glad you reminded me, that's what I was advised to and have forgotten about it, must speak with the Tax office tomorrow to sort it out.