• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pension & gratuity

C

Chuffybum

This could be the wrong place to post so Mods move if you so wish.
Anyone any idea of when your gratuity is paid into your bank after you leave the Service, also when your first monthly pension payment is paid.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Can't speak for everybody but my gratuity was in the bank at midnight on my discharge date and the pension arrives on the arranged date every month like clockwork with no problems. This was however 5 years ago so therefore pre JPA.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Anyone any idea of when your gratuity is paid into your bank after you leave the Service, also when your first monthly pension payment is paid.

Mine was in the bank 2 weeks after my out date and the first pension payment about 10 days after that. They have upto 28 days to pay your gratuity though but after that you can start to claim interest off them.

Crack on.................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
...Anyone any idea of when your gratuity is paid into your bank after you leave the Service, also when your first monthly pension payment is paid.
Aaaah, would this be another soul who finished today too? :pDT_Xtremez_15:

I'm led to believe that payment should be in our bank accounts within about 10 days of discharge date but it's been muttered that it could take up to 6 weeks. Gawd knows when EDPs/pension gets paid in, it's a question I have for a certain Captain at SO3 JPA Service Delivery Complaints tomorrow.

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
I was talking with the Pay people at Kentigern House in Glasgow today and they said that my Lump Sum should be in my bank on thursday, so that'll be 3 days from discharge date.
I'll let you know.
:D

I got my lump sum within the ten days of leaving the Service that Glasgow has to work to and the pension is now being paid in on the 17th of each month. Now, where the fcuck is my Veteran's Badge, Valedictory Letter and discharge paperwork?

B

bigfella

Was all trouble free for me got the lump sum in a few days and the monthly just keeps rolling in... Ace!

P

pie sandwich

I had mine about 5 days from my last paid day. and about two weeks later I recived a back dated portion of my pension and the rest comes in on the 7th of each month.

Ahhhhhhhhhh free money:pDT_Xtremez_14:

B

bigfella

WHAT! Free???? I'm sure you did 22 at least and now pay tax on your pension. I don't call that free.

S'nice though innit?:pDT_Xtremez_28:

P

pie sandwich

:pDT_Xtremez_28: Only the 12 years for me fella and half a snco's pension :pDT_Xtremez_28:

C

Chuffybum

Pension & Gratuity

Pension & Gratuity

Well thx to everyone who passed on the info. There was obviously no need to be concerned as my gratuity got paid into my bank today (I officially left on 22 Mar) so that's not bad going is it. Just hope the monthly pension gets paid with similar "efficiency". Thx again to all who replied.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Just a quick one

Just a quick one

Wife's gratuity has just taken about a week and a little bit to come through and makes the balance healthy.

But can anybody tell me if the pension is paid in advance or in arrears.

Cheers.

paxo

LAC

Mine took 4 weeks to be paid into my account. They stopped my pay ok, but when my gratuity had not been paid I contacted JPA who told me that nobody had told the pension people about me leaving!!! It was then sorted within a week

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
When I came out under options for change I was told I'd have to wait up to a month. Been out a couple of days was totally skint. went to the cashpoint to check my bank balance, looked at the balance. Gasped looked at it again took £200 out got wasted and a bolloking from the missus when i turned up rotten drunk hours later.

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
Ooops, forgot about this thread... Left on the Monday (31st) and the Lump Sum was in the bank on the Thursday (3rd) :pDT_Xtremez_30:.
Just waiting for the end of the month to see when (if) the pension goes in :)

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I left on the 27th of the month and receive my pension on the 18th of the month. Dont know how , they work it out but it works fine for me. always got money through the month LOL. I get paid on the last thursday of each month so getting my pension on the 18th makes it easier for me has the money doesnt get mixed up with my wages.

so now the 10% tax band has gone, the lucky people who are out do they still get this rate?as it was the rate that was around when they took the pension, if so, does this mean that we who are still in, get out, will get less money as we will be taxed at 20% ?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Try a new thread for this one

Try a new thread for this one

so now the 10% tax band has gone, the lucky people who are out do they still get this rate?as it was the rate that was around when they took the pension, if so, does this mean that we who are still in, get out, will get less money as we will be taxed at 20% ?

Not really on topic, but taxes come, go and change all the time you pay the taxes applicable to the day, not the time you start something off.

With the 10% tax worse off thing you need to have an income under 18,000 and not get certain benefits to be worse off. If you earn over this amount (up to around 36,000ish) or get certain benefits you should be better off, over 36,000ish there are issues with NI going up but this is more than my pay range.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Just a quick question in the hope someone will know.......

Have been out since early feb, pension has been paid on same day (22nd) every month without fail and thats not the problem.......the problem is the amount has not been the same twice. Feb i assumed because it was not a full month and they adjusted it. March I thought was about right and now today yet again it has gone down again.

I just assumed (yeah yeah i know) it would be a constant value each month (or is that too much to hope for ?)

Anyone in a similar position and can anyone explain why ?

If not i'll have to ring them on Thursday when i get back.

Crack on................Tashy