• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

pension and tax question

Hello,
Currently living in Canada , I get my pension transferred across by Moneycorp, don't pay tax in UK (non resident ), got clobbered by Canadian Tax man as I don't split the pension with my now ex wife, so basically if I say to the UK tax bod "I would like to pay tax at source" how do i do this ? ,plus my pension is below the 10,000 pound threshold , so how does that work regarding tax? I know I will get paperwork to show Canadian tax bod I have paid so should be better during tax 'season',
Thanks for any help

iainrm

Corporal
Talk to paymaster (or whatever they currently go by)

Talk to paymaster (or whatever they currently go by)

+448451212514 is the number

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
taxation of your pension in Canada

taxation of your pension in Canada

Hello,
Currently living in Canada , I get my pension transferred across by Moneycorp, don't pay tax in UK (non resident ), got clobbered by Canadian Tax man as I don't split the pension with my now ex wife, so basically if I say to the UK tax bod "I would like to pay tax at source" how do i do this ? ,plus my pension is below the 10,000 pound threshold , so how does that work regarding tax? I know I will get paperwork to show Canadian tax bod I have paid so should be better during tax 'season',
Thanks for any help

I am afraid you do not have a choice any more.

It used to be the case that you could have the pension taxed in UK or Canada but that choice disappeared two or three years ago. Now the Canadians will tax the pension and it is down to the individual to claim exemption from UK tax. The same applies in Australia