• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Out of date

I look like Bruce Willis

I Suck Like George Michael
Recently, there was a small bin fire, in the office, and being the keen eyed and alert individual that I am, I quickly spotted it. I was about to put my CCS training into practice, and extinguish the fire, when I noticed that the extinguisher was 3 days out of date, obviously this lapse in the shef rep recording system, could not go unreported, as it has a direct affect on air power.

I refused to use the extinguisher, and to let anyone else use it, and unfortunately, the small fire became a blazing inferno, causing massive amounts of damage.

Imagine my surprise when I reported the shef rep for his poor auditing system, instead of thanking me for highlighting this failure, he punched me in the face.

When I explained to the WO fireman, that his recording and monitoring of HHFE was below the required standard, and as a direct result affecting air power, he too instead of thanking me , punched me in the face.

W

Wing boy

It was funny for a short while, but now it's just plain boring!! Feck off you troll!!

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
And you are a tw@t bruce.
Do you really look like bruce willis? Balding, expanding waistline and always wearing a dirty white vest. You sir are a kno8.:pDT_Xtremez_32:

K

kit

I'll slap to to ILLJW- what an ar5e!!
you could have cost someone their life- what if the blaze got really out of control- a 3 day out of date extinguisher is nothing compared to a lifetime with serious burns, or forever being dead!

I look like Bruce Willis

kit said:
I'll slap to to ILLJW- what an ar5e!!
you could have cost someone their life- what if the blaze got really out of control- a 3 day out of date extinguisher is nothing compared to a lifetime with serious burns, or forever being dead!

Using an out of date extinguisher would have totally undermined the whole ethos of the RAF Safety, Health, Environment and Fire policy (SHEF). It would also be classed as an offence under The Health and Safety at Work act (1974) and The Management of Health and Safety Act (1999)

See your local SHEF rep for details. However you should have read and signed for this on your 4820A when arriving on the Sqn.

I tried to explain this to the husband of the woman who died (forever) in the above fire but he simply punched me in the face. I tried to explain that there will be some casualties as we move to a perfect QA world, but try to think of them as martyrs in the quest to ensure ALL regulations are adhered to ALL the time. At first from the look in his eye, I thought he had seen sense, but no, he simply punched me in the face again.

I look like Bruce Willis said:
Using an out of date extinguisher would have totally undermined the whole ethos of the RAF Safety, Health, Environment and Fire policy (SHEF). It would also be classed as an offence under The Health and Safety at Work act (1974) and The Management of Health and Safety Act (1999)

You want to get your naming of parlimentary acts correct if you're going to build your QA utopia.

I look like Bruce Willis

Captain Pugwash said:

You want to get your naming of parlimentary acts correct if you're going to build your QA utopia.

you are right. well spotted it should be The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 as the HSW act 1974 was an enabling act meaning the 1999 regs did not have to go before parliment

T

The origional Pob

Prat!.

Prat!.

I have found aa great way of enjoying certain posts.....ignore what the prat posts and just read the replies!.....much more fun :pDT_Xtremez_30:

I look like Bruce Willis

mightyhunter said:
what, like most mess operatives when they serve up tea!!
:pDT_Xtremez_31:

If you are unhappy with your mess operatives, then either charge them or reminds the SNCO IC Mess that the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food and the Secretaries of State respectively concerned with health in England and food and health in Wales, acting jointly in relation to England and Wales, and the Secretary of State for Scotland in relation to Scotland, in exercise of the powers conferred upon them by sections 6(4), 16(1), 17(1), 26(1) and (3) and 48(1) of the Food Safety Act 1990[1], and in each case in exercise of all other powers respectively enabling them in that behalf, after consultation in accordance with section 48(4) of the Act with such organisations as appear to them to be representative of interests likely to be substantially affected. I did just that. Strangely, after this my soup tastes very much like the cups of tea my Cpl makes me.

W

Wing boy

Why oh why don't we have an oxygen thief avatar like aarse does??
Never in the field of human conflict has one been so well deserved!!!

mightyhunter

Sergeant
If you are unhappy with your mess operatives, then either charge them or reminds the SNCO IC Mess that the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food and the Secretaries of State respectively concerned with health in England and food and health in Wales, acting jointly in relation to England and Wales, and the Secretary of State for Scotland in relation to Scotland, in exercise of the powers conferred upon them by sections 6(4), 16(1), 17(1), 26(1) and (3) and 48(1) of the Food Safety Act 1990[1], and in each case in exercise of all other powers respectively enabling them in that behalf, after consultation in accordance with section 48(4) of the Act with such organisations as appear to them to be representative of interests likely to be substantially affected. I did just that. Strangely, after this my soup tastes very much like the cups of tea my Cpl makes me.
did it come with or without a punch in the face?
:pDT_Xtremez_19: