• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ouija board seance - Swinderby 1985?

O

Oh See Jake

When I was a young sprog going through Swinderby in late 1985, we were told by our DS about a seance that a group of recruits had held with a Ouija board which apparently produced results that scared the crap out of all concerned. We were told under no circumstances were we to do the same; anyone know any details??

G

gemarriott

When I was a young sprog going through Swinderby in late 1985, we were told by our DS about a seance that a group of recruits had held with a Ouija board which apparently produced results that scared the crap out of all concerned. We were told under no circumstances were we to do the same; anyone know any details??

Some idiots on my mechs course at Saints back in 73 did the ooeejar thing and reckon they got Hitler. Load of bollox if you ask me but the same eejits never messed about with ooeejar boards again.

Thought it was bollox then and still do now:pDT_Xtremez_32:

K

katinthehat

Ouija boards - very dangerous mind games in the wrong hands.
Not something to be taken lightly or messed with.

Here endeth the third lesson!!!

C

Chuffybum

1969, Halton 3(A) wing, cant remember the block name but it was the one facing the parade square. 6 mates just joined up the other 12 in the room didnt want to know. After p****g around for 20 mins or so all hell broke loose. Big investigation, several guys interviewed but to no avail. I was there as one of the 6!! Trust me when I say it was an unforgetable incident. Since then, If I have ever had an inkling that any of my guys wanted to play around with the damn stupid board I made sure they were aware of the possible outcome. Honestly, it was genuinely really scarey and absolutely no one knows how it all happened.

1969, Halton 3(A) wing, cant remember the block name but it was the one facing the parade square. 6 mates just joined up the other 12 in the room didnt want to know. After p****g around for 20 mins or so all hell broke loose. Big investigation, several guys interviewed but to no avail. I was there as one of the 6!! Trust me when I say it was an unforgetable incident. Since then, If I have ever had an inkling that any of my guys wanted to play around with the damn stupid board I made sure they were aware of the possible outcome. Honestly, it was genuinely really scarey and absolutely no one knows how it all happened.

So what happened? Apart from Hell breaking loose! And being really scarey?

G

gemarriott

some clever tw@t probably played tubular bells very loud and banged a few old pots and pans.

It is all bollox

WHOO WHOOO its behind the curtain!:pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_42: :pDT_Xtremez_42:

C

Chuffybum

A ball of light were seen moving around our heads (and no it wasnt someone pising about with a torch either). We soon realised that it appeared to be genuine and not someone p*****g about and it eventually stopped above one of the lad's head, he screamed and collapsed on the floor, the medics were duly called out and took the lad to SMC where he stayed overnight and was realeased in the morning. RAFP and block discips were called out as was the OIC the block. Loads of us in the room were interviewed about what we had seen...only the 6 guys directly involved had seen the ball of light - I was one of them and still cant explain it to this day. Like I said it was pretty scarey at the time. It is well to note that none of us were over 16 at the time and probably not too strettwise either.

C

Chuffybum

some clever tw@t probably played tubular bells very loud and banged a few old pots and pans.

It is all bollox

WHOO WHOOO its behind the curtain!:pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_42: :pDT_Xtremez_42:

I can assure you that it sure wasnt a load of bollox at the time! And no one banged a few old pots and pans OR played tubular bells either!!

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It

It is all bollox

Don't Gem, you're scaring me.

BOO!

G

gemarriott

I can assure you that it sure wasnt a load of bollox at the time! And no one banged a few old pots and pans OR played tubular bells either!!

And no streetwise SACs around to scare the fcuk out of a bunch of kids either I'll bet:pDT_Xtremez_15:

S

Scrufty Bear

was it the block on the top parade square (now rts) but one that was end on to it? the one next to RASS i think, it back onto near the drill hall. i lost count of the amount of times that the girls on holding flight there had to brought across to our block in the middle of the night, absolutely petrified and no-one could explain it.

Last edited:
P

peterd

Flying Object!!

Flying Object!!

I suppose most peeps have indulged in the occult!!, if thats the word to use..I personally tried along with a few others to contact the other side...We got I think was a wine glass.....someone suggest to puff a quick lung full of air into it..why..I dont recall!!. We arranged letters of the alphabet around the table, and we placed our pinkies on the glass and started repeating the words..is there someone there...and sure as fate the table started wobbling, the glass started to move around the table and something flew across the room not in an arc but straight and very fast...You can imagine the look on the faces...somehow everything calmed down...I can assure you that experiment was not repeated ever again.....:pDT_Xtremez_17:

B

Bill Bones

Did some sh1t like that a couple of years back. Won't be trying it again. And not something I'm particularly keen to talk about in depth.

D

Donna621

was it the block on the top parade square (now rts) but one that was end on to it? the one next to RASS i think, it back onto near the drill hall. i lost count of the amount of times that the girls on holding flight there had to brought across to our block in the middle of the night, absolutely petrified and no-one could explain it.

I was there during one of these incidents, In the block that had two man rooms across from the old smoking area is the one i think your on about. Well when i was there it was only the bottom floor occupied and one night we all woke up at around 2 in the morning to a banging sound, when I went to look it sounded like it was comming from the top floor, so we had a look up the stair well from the bottom floor and saw a shadow moving, about 5 mins later the power went of. I nearly sh$t my pants and ran all the way to the duty NCO, we refused to go back in and they moved us all to a new block!!!:pDT_Xtremez_17:

uber pikey

Sergeant
I had the same sort of experience before I joined up. I was going out with this bird and she asked if all her college freinds could come around (I agreed staight away) and try one of them there weegee boards out. Well I can tell you this thing was talking to us through the board and we were not controlling it, the girls $hat them selves and left, and when I was on my own that night in my flat I was hearing all sorts of crap and didnt sleep a wink.

S

shoutingwind

I was in that block, very very spooky place....