• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Operational Allowance

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Without JSPs to hand and only going from what is in my alcohol-addled brain (The morning after, the night before!) the 'normal' timescale is approx 6 to 8 weeks. That is assuming that all the right inputs went in at the right time, the det was actioned correctly onto JPA and no gremlin has screwed up the system. After the second pay run sans allowance, the individual should put in an I-support detailing the nature of the problem with dates, location and the allowance that is reasonably expected to be received. If the I-support is closed or not resolved to your satisfaction, cut and paste the whole chain and re-iterate the problem. This alas, will probably take about another month.

If the second I-support is closed without resolution, then escalate the problem to your 1st RO (aka Section Commander, Flight Commander, WO, etc) with a print-off of what you have done to resolve the problem, so that they have sight of what could be a drama in your life. They will advise you to take it to the Unit HR (Sqn Clk) and then the Unit HR will have a go at batting for you. If they have no joy (which from the sounds of it , they won't) they will then advise you to take it to the SNCO PSF or Chf Clk, depending on who your Sqn Clk knows best (another month gone by now).

The SNCO PSF or Chf Clk will then take over the problem as you have done your best and the Sqn Clk has done theirs. (At all points, take print-outs with you as they can do nothing without evidence) and they should be able to resolve the problem in a week or two.

All in all 4 months for the worst problem should be the timescale. Personally, I know that the scribes in PSF are getting grief for problems that are not of their making and that Chf Clks are getting the same for not making sure that people jump through the hoops. They are trying to look after people and cut down the horrible length of time that it takes to resolve the harder than usual problems.

Am I alone in thinking that is unacceptable? JPA was supposed to make all our lives easier, one of its selling points being the apparent ease with which problems would be resolved, due to everything being on the same system.

Surely all the evidence a guy really needs is the fact that he has not been paid what he is due? There is nothing difficult about The Loan Ranger's problem; the person responsible needs to create the element entry for Operational Allowance and it will be paid.

M

Mr. Dodd

Oa

Oa

The good news is from the end of the month OA will be recorded direct on JPA by the HR. It will be paid in the next pay (first end of Apr) so not ideal but an end the pain in the a*** process that we had to use since the half baked rushed in process we had to go with.

If memory serves pay run is FRIDAY 13 Apr so form an orderly queue.

My turn for the 900k this month plse:pDT_Xtremez_35:

KingGuin

Sergeant
Am I alone in thinking that is unacceptable? JPA was supposed to make all our lives easier, one of its selling points being the apparent ease with which problems would be resolved, due to everything being on the same system.

Surely all the evidence a guy really needs is the fact that he has not been paid what he is due? There is nothing difficult about The Loan Ranger's problem; the person responsible needs to create the element entry for Operational Allowance and it will be paid.

TBJ no you are not. Much about the current JPA system is unacceptable (don't even get me started on that 10 working days bollox!) but it is slowly being rectified. My hope is that Jonny Public will realise that TG17 continue to try to provide best service but have limited tools with which to do the job.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
I agree that while we can help we should but our ability to do so is being eroded daily. Not so long ago I interviewed some poor techy whose wages were completely sh***ed thru no fault of his or ours. Feeling magnaminous I approved an advance and instructed an EPIC to be raised for payment. No sooner said than done when the Accts clerk is knocking at my door telling me that the only person who can authorise an EPIC is OC Accts! Apparently JPAC don't like EPICs cos it cocks pay accounts up!!! My reply, tho priceless is unprintable.

Come on! We could all do with a laugh before the England game; I'd like to think I'd remain fairly calm in similar circumstances however.....

KingGuin

Sergeant
Come on! We could all do with a laugh before the England game; I'd like to think I'd remain fairly calm in similar circumstances however.....

I would love to claim to constantly maintain a Zen like calm but when I opened my secret Santa this year and the troops had put a dummy in I thought that's me sussed lol!

The Loan Ranger

Corporal
Well I'm not holding out much hope for even the end of April seeing as though this great new system is not up and running after we allowed the Barmy into it, i've had a look through some of the responses and I'm not saying I'm short of cash just that I want to be paid what I'm entitled to, if that's not too much to ask

oh and the excuse 'it's a new computer system' doesn't really wash sorry folks as almost every trade out there has in the last 10/15 years gone through changes and had new computer systems but the it hasn't stopped the Shineys wearing their nice blue uniforms sat on comfortable offce chairs behind some nice desks using nice computers that all have access to the internet, or that could just be me being a little bit cynical in my cold office on my wonky chair waiting for some w*nker to get off eBay so I can have my turn on the PC to see if JPA is up and running...

(tin hat on LOL)

What's the internet at work? I'm a shiney and my clerks don't have access to it at their desks. Don't go giving wide ranging statements without first checking your facts. There are more Techies and Stackers out there with internet access at work than there are clerks with access.

KingGuin

Sergeant
What's the internet at work? I'm a shiney and my clerks don't have access to it at their desks. Don't go giving wide ranging statements without first checking your facts. There are more Techies and Stackers out there with internet access at work than there are clerks with access.

Ditto, only one of my has it.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
We do too. We need it for work-related stuff (although like everybody else we use if for other stuff too). AFAIK it doesn't cost anything for C4I to enable IGS to a network PC so the only objection would come from local management.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
More facts required...

More facts required...

AFAIK it doesn't cost anything for C4I to enable IGS to a network PC so the only objection would come from local management.

Except for the £10 per account to set up ( idea why not just get one account and give us all the password?)
oh and the £10 a month charge BT get from central funds per account.

Unless its changed?
PS IGS is now known as EGS hope we don't put all the accounts in one basket.....I'll get my coat. (external gateway service - see you learn something everyday)....

IS IT JPAs fault the BACS system has failed?????

PSFbeatch

Corporal
can i just say...

at the unit i am at operational allowance has been placed on hold as the JPA programmers are programming JPA so Unit PSFs can administer OA. It doesnt matter who you moan at until this is resolved which should be soon ie within the next week or two then you wont get your money any quicker. I doubt they will give you a cash payment either.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
can i just say...

at the unit i am at operational allowance has been placed on hold as the JPA programmers are programming JPA so Unit PSFs can administer OA. It doesnt matter who you moan at until this is resolved which should be soon ie within the next week or two then you wont get your money any quicker. I doubt they will give you a cash payment either.

You're right, it should be with the enhancements that are due to happen on Monday under the Element Entries. PSF/Admin Offices are supposed to add the entry with the amount of days deployed. Then JPAC can well and truly wash their hands of any blame for non payment, "speak to your Unit HR!!"

The Loan Ranger

Corporal
Well it's happened my pay statement has just popped up on JPA nad I'm due to be paid what is owed to me next Monday, don't want to get overexcited as it's not in my grubby little hands yet but I've got my fingers crossed...

Not bad as it's only taken 214 days to get it, another pat on the back for the wonderful JPA and the Admin bods at my parent unit !

B

busbyboy

QA/QMS is coming to a Unit HR near you soon...

QA/QMS is coming to a Unit HR near you soon...

We are only one of two Stns RAF wide who QA their Admin proceedures. It has been well received by all concerned and I would suggest you will see it mandated once the Sec Sponsor publishes the future PFA footprint. Given the nature of our job there is no requirement for NCRs as our technical chums know them - a local proforma would suffice if, and when, anything so serious to warrant mention is discovered.

KG, as I may have mentioned to you after my recent QA Audit Skills course, this will apply to everyone in TG17 (and elsewhere: Ops/Aircrew?) very soon. The AP has already been rewritten to reflect this, and is on the web. Foreword written by some double-scrambled egg. And QOR (NCR as was) willl apply to all. It should be embraced, as it is long overdue.

QA Cell will become QCIT (Quality Continuous Improvement Team), involving all trades across the board.

So Leuchars is well ahead of the game!