• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

OOA to Musannah, Oman

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Any gen on this place most appreciated? is it in seeb airport or further along the coast, whats the accomodation like and what kit should I take / not take

It's further along the coast. I went on a "visit" 3 years ago to look at the base. The UK part of it was a bare base at that time and the Omanis were adamant that the soon to be built new structures were built in the local style. The UK plans looked fairly good but others will be along shortly to comment on how much of the plan was actually built.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Thanks for your reply, ive tried to google map it but its obviously sprouted up since the photo was taken. not much gen on the internet.

BJW

Corporal
Have a look on the A1 Ops website on the intranet, some up-to-date stuff about Musannah on there

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Yeah I read the A1 ops stuff useful stuff but wanted some gen from the goats mouth, top tips,

JTforever

Corporal
What do you want to know?

Its a decent camp, little bit remote but if you have transport you can get out and about. Decent mess, gym, internet etc etc.

Its an easy det with lots of sunshine, plenty of worse places you could be going.

B

bluetonic

Whats the accom like JT? Have you recently returned? top tips?

Cheers

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I've heard its all single man air-conned....

JTforever

Corporal
Whats the accom like JT? Have you recently returned? top tips?

Cheers

Returned recently and will be there again soon.

Accom is 1/2 man rooms depending how your part of the det is run, and rank of course!

Rooms are air con and proper buildings instead of portacabins.

Easiest det I've been on for a while. Lots of sun and time off. No real complaints from me.

JTforever

Corporal
I've never seen/used a 2 pin here, not saying they dont exist though.

The accom/hangar/tech buildings all use 3 pin but it never hurts to have an adapter in your bag I guess.

(must dash though, not much work today so off to the beach. Life on Ops aint easy you know!)

LNMI20

LAC
The A1 ops web page is lacking detail. Can anyone suggest what the place is like, such as entertainment, getting out and about, currency, shopping for essentials, work routines, suggestions for civies, getting on line, comms with the UK. If anyone is there is there anything they wished they'd know etc etc.

ITgeek

LAC
The A1 ops web page is lacking detail. Can anyone suggest what the place is like, such as entertainment, getting out and about, currency, shopping for essentials, work routines, suggestions for civies, getting on line, comms with the UK. If anyone is there is there anything they wished they'd know etc etc

Entertainment : the Bar , sport, gym
out and about : AT , beach/hotels, super markets.
currency : omani rials (take cheque book and get money from adminers)
work routines: Depends on your job
civvies : shorts and t-shirts. maybe a jumper if you going during the colder times of the year at night.
online you have an internet suite and 20mins wifi per day in your room, and there is welfare phones.