• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

OOA Det

Hello everyone,

I have just volunteered for a six month detachment (any trade Cpl -Flt Lt) that is currently on the manning website volunteers list. Which will involve me first being assessed at Chicksands.

Obviously, I cant go into much detail here but if anyone has any experience of going for this job, could you PM with any advice you may have. This could posssibly be the most vague post ever posted but Im sure a few of you will know what Im talking about.

Cheers in advance.

Chicco

LAC
Not one to have done it, but looked into it.

In its former life it had a name that would be given to a hardened plastic suitcase, that would last forever. Again, this fetched not alot of information. Neither did the link in the manning trawl.

The only thing that stopped me from applying was the fear of actually being forced to go again if i did not like it the first time.

I guess it would be one of them qualifications that if no one else actually signed up for it, you could find yourself going back without choice even though they say you wont..

Good Luck..

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Go for it. Better to regret doing something than regret not doing it.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I showed an interest once over and received a helpful PM from a Mod on here. I'm sure he'll do the same for you when he spots this.

KingGuin

Sergeant
Ensure you can map read, can run a BFT and are familiar with the CFT. If you get stuck, PM and Ill send you details of basic requirement.

D

dozyscopie1

Applied for the same course a few years back. Went on a one day to course to see if I was suitable, you would be amazed at the amount of people that failed that.PM me if you want more info.

XVR RA RA RA

Sergeant
Obviously, I cant go into much detail here but if anyone has any experience of going for this job, could you PM with any advice you may have. This could posssibly be the most vague post ever posted but Im sure a few of you will know what Im talking about.

In its former life it had a name that would be given to a hardened plastic suitcase, that would last forever.

Type the op into google, inside speech marks, and it brings up 7,600 hits.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Type the op into google, inside speech marks, and it brings up 7,600 hits.
Of no real material. The most you'll get is that the content of the brief is at SECRET and if you want more detail you should attend the requisite presentations. Or go to Chicksands to try out.

thanks everyone for the replies, however the det Ive applied for is not the hardened suitcase one. Its for another det that is advertised on the manning webiste, its the first one on the any trade OOA vacancies.

D

dozyscopie1

PM sent, need any more info give me a shout and I will help best I can.

Sent from my iPhone using my thumb.