• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

On Site Advertising

MingMong

Warrant Officer
As many of you are already aware, we use Google AdSense to generate funds toward e-goat and the charities that we support. Until now, these ads have not been visible to subscribers or donators to the site, but have been visible to all other members and guests.
Google pays e-goat a very small amount of money for any exposure that it's advertisers are given, as well as an amount per click for any ads that people click from the site. What would be the general concensus of our users/donators to having the ads in place for them too?
As an Admin, I get the ads on my screen, and they are pretty inobtrusive, as i'm sure any of our non donators can testify. Considering that a lot of our more regular users do subscribe or donate we are losing a lot of charity earning potential. So if you could spend a little time to let us know what you think to having small ads on your screen when browsing e-goat it would be apreciated.

tats

Sergeant
I understand the potential of this and have no massive problem with this except the fact my computer has issues with google ads currently, although I do hope to fix this soon :pDT_Xtremez_42:

M

Mohammed The Bear

I'D WALK NAKED THROUGH TOWN ON A SATURDAY AFTERNOON WITH BURGER KING BANNERS WRAPPED AROUND MY N0B IF I THOUGHT IT WOULD EARN ME A FEW QUID...........DOUBLE AWAY AND EARN THE GOAT SOME CASH OLD BEAN:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Doesn't bother me mate - it's got to beat some of the crap that pops up on the work website

H

Heilan

Think It's a great idea!! If it helps the charity coffers, go fae it!!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Indeedy....makes perfect sense, can't see it slowing down things too much so i say :

Crack on................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

G

gemarriott

If we must have ads can we have ads for pole dancing clubs?

I just ignore ads so it doesn't really bother me.

P

pie sandwich

Gem we could always have ads for wine spritzers since your off the beer and you have to drink a fruit based ladies drink:pDT_Xtremez_28:

As long as they are not plastered all over the show then why not.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Sounds a good idea, although as I'm now using FireFox I'm not sure what will happen (adverts supressed ?
But as long as the ads don't get in the way of a good laught - I'm for it.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
On a serious note, if you 'power click' these ads (too many clicks and no time spent on the site (yes they can tell)) they will dump you. Know this as fact as another site used to have ads but Google removed them after people were just clicking them then hitting the back button. Result - no further ads. Use it wisely dudes.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Ive had a thought about site costs and fund raising although this might well be a non-starter. There are many sites like YOUGOV that pay a small fee for completing a legitimate survey. Is there anyway we could use one of these sites as a group, so anybody on the goat with a few spare minutes could complete a survey, this could contribute to all the costs and fees the site incurs. Has anybody seen a group use this sort of thing ?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Ive had a thought about site costs and fund raising although this might well be a non-starter. There are many sites like YOUGOV that pay a small fee for completing a legitimate survey. Is there anyway we could use one of these sites as a group, so anybody on the goat with a few spare minutes could complete a survey, this could contribute to all the costs and fees the site incurs. Has anybody seen a group use this sort of thing ?

You're as well to PM Wobbly with that idea mate as he sometimes misses stuff through being busy/about to deploy/deployed/post deploying! All ideas that potentially benefit the site, it's running and the charities it supports are welcome...even if we don't implement them!!