• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympics - Starts Today

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Anybody looking forward to the olympics, got a favourite sport?

Or does it not even start until the athletics for you?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
£11.6bn and no crowds! Utter waste of shit tons of money.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Total waste of time and money for the Japanese people and an excellent junket/ ego trip for the Olympic movers and shakers. The costs involved will be paid for by a few generations of Japanese tax payers. Yes TV rights and some commercial sponsorship but no ticket sales, no hordes of tourists in the country spending their hard earned on Olympic souvenir tat, no packed out bars and restaurants.

From the sporting perspective I'll try to watch the golf, athletics, swimming, cycling and boxing. I'll avoid anything with horses or guns, synchronised swimming, diving, basketball, netball, rhythmic gymnastics, skateboarding, BMX bikes and any other urban "yoof" sports.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
I'm looking forward to the Underwater Basket Weaving and One Handed Fog Plaiting.

After those two sports I have no interest.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Anything that involves fit burds in tight clothing is fine by me - don't care about country, name or sport......:oops::oops:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Anything that involves fit burds in tight clothing is fine by me -......:oops::oops:
Odd fact you can take down the pub.

In ladies beach volley ball the rules for a bikini (for which the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) allows "a maximum side width of seven centimeters (2.76 inches)"). So purely in the interest of rules compliance it would be best if you watched really closely for any uniform transgressions

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Odd fact you can take down the pub.

In ladies beach volley ball the rules for a bikini (for which the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) allows "a maximum side width of seven centimeters (2.76 inches)"). So purely in the interest of rules compliance it would be best if you watched really closely for any uniform transgressions

Wasn't the original Olympics in ye olde Greece competed in the nude. If so then, no objection to women taking full advantage of traditions. If they feel they must cover, nothing wrong art paint applied on the frontage, about 2 pence size would suffice. :p

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
So, 1st Monday of the games and for me the highlights have been some excellent displays from Beth Tweddle & Sam Quek of short skirts ;) , and Hazel Irvine looking a good contender as always;)

Oh, and some Brits got some well deserved medals too for doing things that I could never have come close to achieving - congrats to Daley, Lee, Pidcock & Peatey in particular, although the other medals are no less praiseworthy. Keep 'em coming troops....

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Apparently so far more gold medals have been won by Brits called Tom than the whole Australian team.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
So.... just had my lunch & whilst doing so I watched a 21 year old Chinese girl in a tight outfit -

Trouble was, she was lifting 28 Stone above her head. That's unbelievable & more than 1.5 times my weight. She took the Gold (but let's face it, would you argue with someone who could do that?) but, fair play, a girl from Nottingham came second .

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Well that’s it over for 3 years, quite enjoyed it myself and think the team did well overall.

if we’d met expectation in Rowing we might even have pipped the Japanese into 3rd place.

Two things stood out for me, the USA seems to have lost its way a bit and the variety of accents within the British team, seemed more diverse.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Well that’s it over for 3 years, quite enjoyed it myself and think the team did well overall.

if we’d met expectation in Rowing we might even have pipped the Japanese into 3rd place.

Two things stood out for me, the USA seems to have lost its way a bit and the variety of accents within the British team, seemed more diverse.
Yes, you're right. The usual authority that the US of A had at the Olympics has really nose dived and you aren't the first person who has mentioned it so it's definitely been noticed.

Team GB have performed brilliantly but none of them will never knock the crown off my all time favourite athlete, Daley Thompson.