• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic post boxes

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
It's the Royal Mail's decision which boxes to paint so it is vandalism. The Royal Mail is a little fickle as to which boxes to paint though. I mean Heather Stanning had a post box in Lossiemouth painted gold and she's about as non jock as you can get in the terms of distance (born in Yeovil). So if someone paints one gold in Yeovil will they be done as well?

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Maybe Royal Mail should consult with the gold medallist as to the location. Ah, that would mean common sense so...:pDT_Xtremez_14:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Lyndhurst clearly doesn't have a problem with the sorts of crime the rest of the country has to put up with if someone was happy to sanction holding the guy in a cell overnight. If they tried that here they'd be phoning all the nicks in the west midlands looking for space amongst the detrious that inhabits them most nights.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Some bloke arrested and hand cuffed after committing the huge crime of painting a post box gold. Was he right to celebrate a GB gold medal victory in the sportsman's home town or was it vandalism?

But in jobsworth land fancy having 30 post boxes painted gold when there should only be 29 how would the system cope, the spreadsheet would be wrong, the consequences could be catostrophic. Alternatively we could simply celibrate the fact we won.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Holt, Norfolk, wants one too - but for an Olympic Horse!

Not too sure if it'll get one as some HRH's shop there...may sway some posties decision.