• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Old School Sayings ...

M

monobrow

Well I do have on me pooter, a civvy version, but could be used in any lean event.....

Last edited:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I know of several people who use tits up for broken, cabs for choppers and kites for planes ::/: And not forgetting the immortal 'On sticks in the shed, donk drop. Need a snec for indies' Ive heard that uttered word for word.

I know of one who says choppers for cabs!!!

We had a chap down south who kept uttering qoutes from top gun. Like "negative ghostrider" and "I'll hit the brakes, he'll fly right by" etc etc

sparks will fly

Corporal
The Det Wo in Basra in 2003 loved these sayings and it got right on my t**ts so when he detailed me a crappy job to do ( make sure all the portaloos have bogroll) he said after you have doen that CRACK AN EGG IN YOUR BOOT. To which I replied WHY? just to make him feel a ****. My sarcasim ensured that I also got to clean up all the beer bottles in the bar area:pDT_Xtremez_09:

D

Dobber

RAF Geeks die hard

RAF Geeks die hard

We are just being put through a Rapid Improvement Event here at the F3 breakers yard. Hacked off with a certain BAeS manager who seems to know the buzzword dictionary off by heart I sent out the following E-Mail.

::p:

Attached is a calling notice for the briefs for today’s RIE events. Can you please ensure all those nominated attend. This is the starting point for our look at the processes we use and how to make things better for us (allegedly). Its up to everyone to "bring to the table" their ideas, be "pro-active" and "incentivise" the event so that we can
"take it to the next level". This is not "an exercise in box-ticking" and nobody must be left "out of the loop" so lets get "going great guns" and "get all our ducks in a row" so we can shoot the bloody lot!

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
I know of several people who use tits up for broken, cabs for choppers and kites for planes ::/: And not forgetting the immortal 'On sticks in the shed, donk drop. Need a snec for indies' Ive heard that uttered word for word.

I've worked on SH on and off for longer than I care to remember and nobody in my recollection, would dream of referring to a cab as a chopper in fear of immediate ridicule. By the way the proper description (in the SH world anyway) for any aeroplane that does not fit into rotary category is "plank trash"

Don't forget "On Stilts":pDT_Xtremez_42:

Kim Wipe

Corporal
Inability :pDT_Xtremez_19:

Our drill instructor used to have a few good ones whilst we were marching

(imagine full metal jacket style screamin)

''You troops, are giving me, a ceremonial stiffy !''

''Florence nightingale is a sweetheart. she protected the injured troops and nursed them to health . What they dont tell you , is that she was a complete Bitch'', now get to the med centre :pDT_Xtremez_30:

R

rodger-dodger

Cadets

Cadets

Whilst an instructor at RTS i had the unfortunate pleasure of an ex Air Cadet, he thought he was special and decided to give his beret the 2 Sqn/Para look. :raf:

The conversation went something like this:

Oi J*1$s,
Yes Cpl
what do think you are? Airborne?
No Cpl,
You funkin will be in a minute you retard, now funk off and get that beret sorted.::/:

Oh how I Giggled.

M

monobrow

''Florence nightingale is a sweetheart. she protected the injured troops and nursed them to health . What they dont tell you , is that she was a complete Bitch'', now get to the med centre :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Heard that one at halton, but not to do with the med centre........ mainly because she invented these......

TPWBedWS.jpg

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
that is a shocking bed pack and that top sheet isn't straight. get it sorted airman, the RAF has been this way for years, it isn't about to change for you!
::/:

UTRF

Unable to Reproduce fault (liney entry in 700)

Unable to Rectify Fault (what the jocky believes)

Also seem to remember it being "unwilling to rectify, FRIDAY"
Seen on bravo dispersal wildenrath along with , MIB, Magiced it better, NFI. the rigger in question got to give the fs a good listening to if memory serves me right!!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

After any kind very obvious fcuk up...

After any kind very obvious fcuk up...

It's between bay five and bay seven mate...

Had it said to me, now I get to say it...

Boarderlyne

Sergeant
Reminds me of 'Exocet' on QCS at Uxbridge. A young LACW was cutting across the hallowed tarmac to the mess when a voice from nowhere booms 'YOU THERE, ONLY 2 PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED ON MY PARADE SQUARE, THAT'S ME & GOD. GOD IS ONLY HERE BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE HIM!' Young LACW was a quivering wreck by the time she reached the mess.

That can't be the same 'Exocet' of whom I know 2 stories abouts?

1. A nervous Cpl walks in our section at Uxbridge and tries to be nonchalent about asking who is on QCS. He asks of troops, officers and Wobbly. He then asks who is FS. We answer FS X. We are all getting a little bit concerned by now. His reply was priceless. "O thank fcuk, Dad's been posted!" Knowing Exocet, we all fell about laughing.

2. Parade where Pebble Monkeys are getting beasted. Onto the hallowed tarmac wobbles some old dear. Exocet bellows "Get the fcuk offff (he could get 4 f's into off!) my parade square. Old dear returns. "Fine! I will, but you can get your shopping home yourself in that case!" Pebble Monkeys realise that seeing Exocet doing Guppy impressions and laughing about it is not the best career move!

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
new school sayings

new school sayings

Anyone touched by DCSA (or whatever the name is now) will know these translations

Improved change efficiency - means -job cuts
Streamlining processes - more Job cuts
Rationalization of duplicate workflow - even less blue suits
Specialization contracting of primary delivery services- give the jobs to civvies
Updating the Blueprint - loads of money to the printers to change the name of departments

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
Inability :pDT_Xtremez_19:

Our drill instructor used to have a few good ones whilst we were marching

(imagine full metal jacket style screamin)

''You troops, are giving me, a ceremonial stiffy !''

hmm i have heard that one it wasnt cpl j**** raf regiment ex qcs and had a blue caviler that he called the blue beast by any chance?

M

monobrow

hmm i have heard that one it wasnt cpl j**** raf regiment ex qcs and had a blue caviler that he called the blue beast by any chance?

Did that certain Cpl J**** be approx 18 inches tall? (approximate)

Might have been I/C shouting when I was at Halton......

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant

Did that certain Cpl J**** be approx 18 inches tall? (approximate)

Might have been I/C shouting when I was at Halton......

yes he was about that maybe abit shorter. he was on 8 flt in 2000/1 when i went through, good bloke tho we actually made him cry at the end of the course when we bought comedy gifts. ours was a bottle of oil, with a message on that green bodge tape they give you, simply said ' for the blue beast, to put fire in her belly' which were two of his favourite sayings put together, the soft *******. good bloke made me larf on more than one occasion

A

Absolutely_Starkers

Sadly I have a memory like a goldfish

Although working on a certain Wing at Honington surrounded by rocks a-plenty I have heard many a random saying.

Will rack my brain and return...