• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oh my Ego!!

T

tufty

Red 8 flies over his old School

When former pupils decide to re-visit their old schools they usually walk in through the front door and chat with teachers they remember from their school days. But former St Edmund's School Dover pupil Jez Griggs, Red 8, made his visit in style on Monday - he flew over the building with the rest of the Team. Returning from their final display in Malta at the weekend, the Reds called in at Manston to refuel, and then flew over St Edmund's in formation, and trailing red and white and blue smoke.

All the current staff and pupils were out in the playground to watch as the planes flew in from the west and roared over the school complex.

From RAF News site - stroke that ego Red 8!!

And:

RAF Officer receives Russian Medal for part in Sub Rescue

I think I must be the only serving RAF officer with a Russian medal. I feel I have accepted this medal on behalf of all the RAF units and personnel who all dropped everything to contribute to helping save the lives of those seven Russian submariners."

Pass it round then...

Last edited:
S

Standards

tufty said:
Red 8 flies over his old School

When former pupils decide to re-visit their old schools they usually walk in through the front door and chat with teachers they remember from their school days. But former St Edmund's School Dover pupil Jez Griggs, Red 8, made his visit in style on Monday - he flew over the building with the rest of the Team. Returning from their final display in Malta at the weekend, the Reds called in at Manston to refuel, and then flew over St Edmund's in formation, and trailing red and white and blue smoke.

All the current staff and pupils were out in the playground to watch as the planes flew in from the west and roared over the school complex.

From RAF News site - stroke that ego Red 8!

On a side note, I grew up near to St Edmunds school. One night someone painted "Gay Lib HQ" on the road outside. Made me laugh enormously!!

Standards!

M

MiniG

I think I must be the only serving RAF officer with a Russian medal. I feel I have accepted this medal on behalf of all the RAF units and personnel who all dropped everything to contribute to helping save the lives of those seven Russian submariners."

Pass it round then...[/QUOTE]

I once got a badge for not going to Russia whilst on the "Reds". (Even if our Red 9 at the time did manage to set his canopy off on the see-off with his golf clubs!)