• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Officer ??

Me again fellas, I have been looking around the medical roles, as I think you may have gathered, and I've noticed the MSO role, but what caught my eye was the upper age limit, 50, I am 48. My question is this, I don't have A levels however I do have a Foundation Degree in Paramedic Science and I am due to complete my BSc (Hons) in Developing Paramedic Practice in June. Would not having A levels prevent me from having a look at the role? I went straight into the army from school at 16 (Junior Leaders Regt RAC) So all my academic qualifications are vocational. Just want to consider my options.

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The Auggies are exactly the same as the regulars in their selection process. The requirement for A levels is merely to ensure that you are capable of learning and indeed, that you have managed to do so. At your age, vocational qualifications are easily as good because with age comes experience. Your time with the Army will count a lot as well. Your impending degree will carry any extra weight that may be required. As has already been suggested, go to the AFCO with confidence and good luck!

Ping