• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nuclear Deterrent

S

Sunnyside_Up

Some say this may be too serious to discuss in such a place however not my subject matter so thoughts and insights would be useful!

Do our Armed Forces need a nuclear deterrent? Can't we spend the vast amount of money invested in this to sustain other areas of the Armed Forces? Some say we only posess the capability simply because the French do! Now we couldn't possibly let them have this capability over us could we...?

Goaty

Corporal
I can think of 3 very good reasons why we don't want an RAF nuclear deterent.

1) Because SSA's would become active again and Armourers would have to work in them (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!)

2)Augumentation Force....Anybody whose done time at Honington, Marham, Laarbruch or Bruggen during the cold war knows exactly what i'm talking about. If you think guard is ****e now you should try doing Aug Force....

3)Strike load and WST....

I'm only looking at it from my point of view and not the political fallout of the French having something we don't. To be honest i'd rather not have them but it is fun watching the RAFP and Rock Apes getting nobbed about :D

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
I shudder at the thought of SSA's, Aug force and all that crap coming along to haunt us again. A week long stint in the Aug force block (and thats living there for 7 days) with feck all to do but go to work and sleep.............and wait for the hootter to go off, then all hell breaking loose!

ah those were the days!!!!!

O

oldhamboy1967

Big Stick?

Big Stick?

Not sure in light of the debate in the media at the moment, as to whether a Trident replacement is necessary if we would be better off reverting to a RAF deterrent that might be more flexible.

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
oldhamboy1967 said:
Not sure in light of the debate in the media at the moment, as to whether a Trident replacement is necessary if we would be better off reverting to a RAF deterrent that might be more flexible.

Surely for an RAF deterrent we need more than a bunch of air rankers throwing paper planes at each other in Whitehall or where ever it is they live.

I think its something we will be needing looking at the way the armed forces are being whittled down to the absolute bare bones, it could well be the only thing we'd have left to rely on should we ever face a real enemy again.

Not that I'd be looking forward to aug force or any of that crap again. :(

J

Jag Fag

Hmmm, WST - how I loved everyman and his dog watching me apply tell-tale wire to a switch in the cockpit. NOT :(

Ah, the joys of Aug Force. How I also enjoyed being used as cannon fodder until the SAS turned up to liberate the sunshine :(

Anyone remember NARO? :(

Don't forget people, having the weapons would only attract the protestors at your camp gate/perimeter fence. How I revelled at having things thown at me when trying to see a tonka off :mad:

Let the Navy keep our special weapons (and the hassle that goes with them).

Just my opinion.