• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

North Sea - Helicopter ditched

I bet that's fcuking cold!

All rescued. I hope they are all tucking into a huge plate of pie and chips swilled down with a pint (or ten) of Bombardier.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Three coming in by chopper, the rest by boat in the morning.
Star bit of rescue, I reckon. Well done to all.

ChrisBrit81

Sergeant
They inflated the floatation bags just in time, and the pilot landed the chopper as flat as a pancake on the drink. Good skills eh?

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Great crew skills and thank god everyone is ok , Im just waiting to see if anyone I know especially most of the ex NLS linies was on board , you cant go on any rig these days without bumping into an ex techie.

We launched a jet last night to co-ordinate the rescue , according to news it was text book stuff. Lossie SAR was there although Sky news says 4 helicopters were scrambled from RAF Lossie heheheheh I know thats highly unlikely as i dont think they have 4 for a start.

This happened a few years back all guys got out ok and is doing the rounds in that Aicraft Investigation program on discovery.The chooper was hit by super lightining although Im not even speculating what happened as I an ex Puma rigger there is plenty that can go wrong.

I just think times like this the RAF should take huge credit for these operations and the military needs to use it as better publicity. Especially the fragile Nimrod every week its an unsung hero in saving lives but does not use the publicity is so needs.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Saw this on the BBC website this afternoon........glad o hear they all got out and the RAF in top form again.

Cheers lads......Crack on..............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Saw this on the BBC website this afternoon........glad o hear they all got out and the RAF in top form again.

Cheers lads......Crack on..............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Apparently SAR weren't needed nor wanted, still got us on the news again :pDT_Xtremez_35:

Last edited:
Oh well, only going on what I read....if thats the case scrap SAR at once, what a waste of money !!!

Crack on.................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

In this case you are quite correct, Bonds own rescue team had the situation sorted, so the bus service provided by SAR at THIS incident wasn't required.

Other work they do is great, but just not needed at this shout.

Last edited: