• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Norovirus

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Feck me readers....just getting over this utter fecker. Working away from home and woke up Friday morning with a hangover that was masking Norovirus. An hour into my 'get over the hangover' routine and I knew something was wrong...I then had to drive 160 without sh1tting myself or vomming all over the car interior. I left quite a bit of me at Exeter services (right under the big bill board for Weston -Super-Mare pier if you're passing and interested) and the rest of the journey was what I can only class as 'emotional'.

2 days later and I'm still using up valuable bog roll by the bundle.

Anyone else had this and how long to get over it?

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Quick....LOCKDOWN the whole country immediately!!!!! 2 Metre distancing. Masks. Shops quick for bog-roll and dry food stuffs and clear the shelves...furlough everyone....Lock yourself down until a cure is found....THE REAL ZOMBIE APOCOLAYPSE IS COMING!!!!!!...Again

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Donate all your vast alcohol stash to needy goaters before the grim reaper calls and don't forget to sanitise regularly in the mean time

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Can we (if he survives till then) have Vim down as an honory victim member of the Celebrity Death List for 2022? 🤔

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Can I have his watch (after a suitable fumigation & disinfection period, of course)?

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Feck me readers....just getting over this utter fecker. Working away from home and woke up Friday morning with a hangover that was masking Norovirus. An hour into my 'get over the hangover' routine and I knew something was wrong...I then had to drive 160 without sh1tting myself or vomming all over the car interior. I left quite a bit of me at Exeter services (right under the big bill board for Weston -Super-Mare pier if you're passing and interested) and the rest of the journey was what I can only class as 'emotional'.

2 days later and I'm still using up valuable bog roll by the bundle.

Anyone else had this and how long to get over it?
It's rife in Kernow at the moment, half of my home village has been struck with it.

Both my parents came down with it last weekend. Dad was sh1tting/puking for 4 days, Mum for 2 before it passed leaving them both wiped out in more ways than one.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
I feel your pain chap. It happened to me some years ago in Middle Eastern parts :poop::poop::poop:.
On the bright side, you'll drop a waist size amongst other things:D:D

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Its Monday PM and systems are settling down to normal parameters. Nasty even for a young, fit and virile M-F'er like me, so you old codgers and coffin dodgers had better watch out for this bad-boy!

My office shorts, that no-one I ever meet on Teams shall see, slipped on like I'd borrowed them off my big brother this morning...so every cloud....

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
There is a list of nasties that are floating around us. Twas ever thus. Live with it

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
You think with the amount of cleaning agents people being using, Norovirus would have been the last to survive the onslaught. Had it twice still got the scars from the burning and retching. Looks like 2021 will be pencilled in as another bad year.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Yep it's certainly an @rse of an illness. Had it about 5 years ago and haven't had a kebab since.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Not even invented in Norfolk yet….we have to wait another 400 years for such advanced illnesses

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
3 weeks and then some since I had this affliction and I'm still not 'right'. I was on a bus trip to a rugby game last week and it should have seen old Vim 3 sheets to the wind. Instead, on being supplied the first pint, I found it didn't sit well. The second and third weren't any better. I was forced to switch to glasses of red mit scotch chasers at 3.30pm in the afternoon. Not a great longevity promoting combination as I soon found out.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
3 weeks and then some since I had this affliction and I'm still not 'right'. I was on a bus trip to a rugby game last week and it should have seen old Vim 3 sheets to the wind. Instead, on being supplied the first pint, I found it didn't sit well. The second and third weren't any better. I was forced to switch to glasses of red mit scotch chasers at 3.30pm in the afternoon. Not a great longevity promoting combination as I soon found out.
"red mit scotch chasers" as the old adage goes never mix grape and grain.

On the plus side after 3 weeks of the virus you should be down to the dimensions of mid size scrum half by now.