• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Normandy to Berlin in a day for H4H

FootTapper

Sergeant
So here's the plan...

A group of us are meeting at the Normandy D-Day beaches at 0530 on 6th June, then heading by motorbike to John Frost Bridge at Arnhem and on to Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin. Aiming to be on Berlin the same day, some 850 miles in under 19 hours.

Anyone whos ever ridden any distance on a motorbike will probably be able to imagine that 16 or more hours in the saddle is going to be a bit of a challenge!

We're raising abit of cash for Help for Heroes, some of us on the ride have had a good friend helped by Headley Court, and we all really appreciate the work and projects that H4H supports.

Now you all know I'm after your money, so I'd better give you the link in case you want to hand over some of your hard earned...

www.justgiving.com/tim-morris

If you want to donate then pls tick for gift aid, its free money for the charity. Even if someone gives 50p or a quid it all helps, we'll need something to think about to take our minds off the pain!

Last edited:

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Now that sounds like an epic trip, and for a good cause. I think I'll stick to the Normandy lanes. Just watch out for that SS Division resting around Arnhem.