• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nimrod MR4 Delayed Again

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
My point was that for the guy to be where he was he hadn't just completed16 weeks training. He will have completed all his training. Yes completing the ITC gets you in the mess, but until you have completed your OCU and after that get Combat Ready you can still be chopped and have by no means 'made it'. Rest assured that lad, whoever he was, was a 'real' SGT and doesn't need anyone elses approval. Plastic Sgt remarks are actually quite funny to most and usually expose the large chip on some fellow mess members shoulders.

Back on topic though I hope the MRA4 goes ahead and I can move up to Kinloss.

duffman

Flight Sergeant
Possibly because they keep laying off all the connies to save money.

No connies equals no work done.

Connies make the world go round don't you know :pDT_Xtremez_14:

TW

Are there that many connies at woodford, I thought they were all permy bae?

dogman

LAC
Dogman

Dogman

I had a trip on a 2nd World War Liberator (B24) in the states February.It was over 60 years old!!!.They were used in Anti sub patrols.What the hell is wrong with our aircraft,they seem to pack up working after just 20 years.!!!!!.

meagain

LAC
I had a trip on a 2nd World War Liberator (B24) in the states February.It was over 60 years old!!!.They were used in Anti sub patrols.What the hell is wrong with our aircraft,they seem to pack up working after just 20 years.!!!!!.

I don't know, but I think Haddon-Cave QC was suggesting incompetent management as a starting point

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer

I think you will find that hunting a nuclear or modern day conventional powered sub would be well outside the capabilities of the systems fitted an anti submarine equipped B-24. As for loss of capability, that will come to light with the next Fastnet Race / Piper Alpha type incident if one happens before the MRA4 comes into service.

F

flamingfirebird

Off TopicOff thread I know but arriving at Henlow a FS was checking my ID with WO holding a rifle !!! It was persistently raining to ! they looked not happy! We tried not to smile to much but I reckon it showed through a little!! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
People have in past threads intimated that this is some kind of freebie for the aircrew (the whole no aircraft to fly on business)...But what are the groundcrew doing? They need the same flying machines to appear busy as we do...There are training courses to do obviously, as have the aircrew. There probably is some simulation equipment of some sort for them to practice on (as have the aircrew although is not quite relevent its the best there is at the moment) and then there are hangars to sweep...Well you can ram that for a lark! They can't be that dirty if there is nothing in them...keep the fecking doors shut.

Treehugger

Corporal
Another few months won't matter, I mean if you can put up with 11 years late another couple of months won't matter.

Exactly. This is the most relevant and on-topic post in this thread. I'd wager that some of the groundcrew folks currently in the frame to go to ISK may find their postings changing. Can't see them sending people anywhere to sit about for another 6 months, particularly when there'll be a glut of manpower at short notice after the SDR, when RAF Wherever closes...

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I wouldn't be at all surprised - I turned up at Lyneham in Apr '99 to work on the new Herc which duely arrived in the November!

They will probably honour the postings but ensure a nice CMLO det happens pretty damn quick after arrival!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
and then there are hangars to sweep...Well you can ram that for a lark! They can't be that dirty if there is nothing in them...keep the fecking doors shut.

As a tax paying civilian, I am disgusted at this woeful waste of resources..

... Aircrew and Groundcrew alike, you should all be back at Halton, brushing up on your drill and making my tax pounds work.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
As a tax paying civilian, I am disgusted at this woeful waste of resources..

... Aircrew and Groundcrew alike, you should all be back at Halton, brushing up on your drill and making my tax pounds work.

Are you ILLBW's love child?

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Frankly, i have been worried all day that someone with a degree of unjustified influence might read that, and think it was a good idea.

G

grumpyoldb

It will arrive within weeks?

There are still 27 weeks to the next year.................. :0