• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Newbie firefighters

Wearing a FIRE & RESCUE T shirt is as close as they get to doing any Firefighting & Rescue!!! It makes them feel better about being pretend firefighters.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I want to know what searches people are doing to bring up these threads from the E-Goat vault! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

As for the tshirts, I have worked my ass of to earn the right to wear that shirt and will continue to wear it even more so if it people think they can stop me on there watch.
Are you referring to the issued T-shirts or T-shirts purchased by you? If the latter you actually have no right whatsoever to wear the T-shirt whilst on duty. You have been issued PPE to wear including T-shirts & shreddies. If you were involved in an accident whilst on duty you would be classed as being improperly dressed, not wearing the issued PPE. No claims direct for you.

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer

As for the tshirts, I have worked my ass of to earn the right to wear that shirt and will continue to wear it even more so if it people think they can stop me on there watch.
Oh aye? And just how many aircrew have you rescued and how many fires have you put out?
I'm a member of a civvie Lowland Search And Rescue Team and I wouldn't dream of wearing any part of my uniform unless I was "on duty" as it were.

Pikeman

Cider one of the five
1000+ Posts
AAHHHH! Zombie thread, risen from the dead, break open the Zombie attack plan, quick some one get a flamethrower...it's the only way to be sure:pDT_Xtremez_42::raf:

LAC
Are you referring to the issued T-shirts or T-shirts purchased by you? If the latter you actually have no right whatsoever to wear the T-shirt whilst on duty. You have been issued PPE to wear including T-shirts & shreddies. If you were involved in an accident whilst on duty you would be classed as being improperly dressed, not wearing the issued PPE. No claims direct for you.

Actually, I don't see this as a conversation worth having but, if you really want to know, anybody is covered as long as they are wearing the issued PBI Gold correctly as the Op Order for its use states that PBI Gold is a stand alone firefighting suit. The undergarments have no bearing on its effectivness or integrity and are worn only for modesty/hygiene purposes. The suit would would preform to its rated standard even if nothing was worn beneath it.

XVR RA RA RA

Sergeant
It could be more embarrassing... 51 Sqn could be going to the mess on a weekend, while wearing sweatshirts with “MORTARS” written on the back... Whoops, they already do!

Last edited:

Brooksie

LAC
So what do you suggest smokey ? Get rid of all RAF Firefighters ?
The same could be said about many trades how many firefights do the Regiment get involved in back in the UK ?

You seem to have a lot of anger towards firefighters smokey ? Your missus run of with one ? or are you just angry because you just couldnt make the grade :S AKA not very good at volleyball !