• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New uses for old airframes

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
For a long time there was an old Lightning next to the A1 just sitting there rotting gently away but now it seems people are finding new uses for old frames. So this tired old Jetstream, which I may have twirled a spanner on, is now an air BnB venue. Any other old RAF frames, you know of, now in use for other purposes??

Reactions: 6A1

Junter

LAC
Not an old RAF airframe but there's a 747 near Stockholm Arlanda airport that's a hotel.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
For a long time there was an old Lightning next to the A1 just sitting there rotting gently away but now it seems people are finding new uses for old frames. So this tired old Jetstream, which I may have twirled a spanner on, is now an air BnB venue. Any other old RAF frames, you know of, now in use for other purposes??

Definitely worked on it at Leeming and Finningley.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
My daughter in law and grandson stayed in an old Lynx AirBnB a couple of years back. Cosy... but fun for him.

Donkey871

LAC
There is a place that does glamping in a Sea King in Scotland. Sorry to disappoint the SAR boys, it is an old HAS 5 (latterly 6) from the Fleet Air Arm.