• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New sign at exit gate.

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Ok who was the idiot who decided to put the sign showing your speed as you approach the exit at Lyneham. Have they not realised that people will be slowing down as they stop.
If OC police is concerned about how many accidents and serious injuries occour at this particular junction why doesn't he put in a speed ramp. Oh he did and then removed it. Just how many crashes have there been at that spot? Err None I guess. Obviously one very bored policeman. Still I like the smiley face you get when you are at the correct speed. I haven't worked out what the threshold is yet. I can tell you though it is most definetly not 80 MPH, at that speed you get Mr Grumpy Face. :mad: Like that.

I

ICATQ

It was either there or on the runway so they know where to rotate :)

A

aes69

So the sign had nothing to do with the CO, OC A, OC SSS or anyone else like that? It was all down to OC Police? Why was the speed hump removed?

B

Bluntend

"Ok who was the idiot who decided to put the sign showing your speed as you approach the exit at Lyneham. Have they not realised that people will be slowing down as they stop."

Are you sure its not a way of gauging morale on Stn? The slower the car the happier the occupants - hence Lyneham needs speed cameras only on the exit gate...

A

always_broken_in_wilts

The CO would be far too busy with other relevant matters to come up with this "Einstein" theory, how OC A, OC SSS and OC Filth are all Admin w***@rs so any of them could have dreamed this waste of funds up....my money is on plod as they are only here to nick the rest of us:mad:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Bluntend said:
"Ok who was the idiot who decided to put the sign showing your speed as you approach the exit at Lyneham. Have they not realised that people will be slowing down as they stop."

Are you sure its not a way of gauging morale on Stn? The slower the car the happier the occupants - hence Lyneham needs speed cameras only on the exit gate...

If that was the case getting out of the Tonka base in Norfolk would be a nightmare. :D

P

POB

What else has changed?

What else has changed?

I am due back there sometime over Christmas grant, What else has changed? I left mid August,and have been kept woefully (blissfully?) ignorant of the events, comings and goings etc at Lye. Any Gossip or Scandal?

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
ABIW (I'm being civil)

I agree totaly, a waste of money, I can think of better things to spend it on. Perhaps someone, when the guards have their backs turned for one second, should change the wording from "Your speed" to "Your morale". Any takers?
If that fails then how about an unofficial speed record attempt (best done in the later hours of the day when the feds are sleeping off their kebabs and nobody is likely to be crossing the road at that point). :D

Flopsie

LAC
POB said:
I am due back there sometime over Christmas grant, What else has changed? I left mid August,and have been kept woefully (blissfully?) ignorant of the events, comings and goings etc at Lye. Any Gossip or Scandal?

Yes. It's closing

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
I was on my way out of the main gate Friday afternoon and saw two lads taking the speed sign down. Is it back up yet?

E

Enguineer

I think this sign might be shared around different units, as I have seen one at Waddo from time to time.

(Threshold was set at 34mph!, record is quite a bit higher at the mo though)

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Yep, there is are similar one's at Conz and Honz. Both movable so you never know where they are. Its a bit of a shocker when they suddenly light up when you are driving in the dark, it makes you squint a bit!