• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New RAF documentary premieres this Sunday

gray

Sergeant
https://www.rafa.org.uk/what-we-do/news/new-raf-documentary-premieres-this-sunday

Who's getting slabbed then :)

"A new documentary series trailing some of the RAF’s most popular display teams premieres on Sunday 11 October

‘Britain’s Ultimate Pilots: Inside the RAF’ (21:00, BBC Two) showcases the work of the Red Arrows, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, the Chinook Display Team and the Typhoon Display Team during the 2015 display season.

Produced by Archie Productions (Red Arrows: Inside the Bubble, Britain’s Flying Past), the four-part series was filmed at RAF Coningsby, RAF Scampton, RAF Odiham and other locations between April and September 2015.

The show follows the teams as they prepare for flypasts and displays at major events, including the Queen’s Birthday Flypast, and at some of Britain’s most popular air shows, including the Royal International Air Tattoo, RAF Cosford, Blackpool and Bournemouth."

gray

Sergeant
As if ! :)

“Of course, the filming wasn’t limited to pilots,” Air Cdre Bradshaw added. “By allowing crews to film with ground crews, engineers and others who help get our aircraft airborne we were able to show that the Few – supported by the Many – still continue to protect the nation from the air.”

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
It's what the public want to see - it's either planes flying, handsome pilots or human interest. No-one gives a FF about the rest of the game, and quite rightly too. Would you watch a bloke working in SCAF?

On the other hand, I'm glad I'm on OOA!

Kryten

Warrant Officer
It's what the public want to see - it's either planes flying, handsome pilots or human interest. No-one gives a FF about the rest of the game, and quite rightly too. Would you watch a bloke working in SCAF?

On the other hand, I'm glad I'm on OOA!

Oh, I don't know.....I think there would be a bit of interest in such programmes as "The Secret life of The RAF Armourer", or "PSF: Up Close and Personal".....put 'em on C4, make 'em a bit racy.......who knows? Could be a ratings hit.....:S

dctyke

Corporal
Oh, I don't know.....I think there would be a bit of interest in such programmes as "The Secret life of The RAF Armourer", or "PSF: Up Close and Personal".....put 'em on C4, make 'em a bit racy.......who knows? Could be a ratings hit.....:S

Im sure the police would have more than a 'bit' if interest in the 'Secret life of the RAF Armourer' 😜

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
I think "Behind Closed Doors: The Secret Life of the Sgt's Mess" (or Officers Mess) would make for a REALLY interesting programme...

I can think of quite a few stations I've been to, where the rule 'what happens in the Mess, stays in the Mess' is employed for a bloody good reason! (though it rarely stays where they want it to)

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I think "Behind Closed Doors: The Secret Life of the Sgt's Mess" (or Officers Mess) would make for a REALLY interesting programme...

I can think of quite a few stations I've been to, where the rule 'what happens in the Mess, stays in the Mess' is employed for a bloody good reason! (though it rarely stays where they want it to)

I'd like to see a documentary entitled ""Behind Closed Doors: The Secret Life of the WAAF Block".....definitive Channel 5 material there...

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
OH Crepe!!! Not more of the Cherry Red Babygrows showing off yet again. Why waste even more money on massaging the ego's of this bunch of pampered diva's? How about a real documentary about the real RAF and the real tedium and bull$hit of day to day life. Not exactly exciting but show it as it really is instead.

briggfairy

Sergeant
OH Crepe!!! Not more of the Cherry Red Babygrows showing off yet again. Why waste even more money on massaging the ego's of this bunch of pampered diva's? How about a real documentary about the real RAF and the real tedium and bull$hit of day to day life. Not exactly exciting but show it as it really is instead.

I can hardly see a documentary about bleep tests, looking on sales and wants or logging onto totaljobs being very interesting.

mind you the real time 12hrs on the main gate might be more interesting that bake off

Allflapnofly

Corporal
"A Day in the Life of a NAAFI Cowboy"........That would go down a storm.....Featuring Sac 'Charismatic Colin' and his collection of classic humorous T-shirts, scruffy trainers, lank greasy unfashionable barnet, tatty cheap ill-fitting jeans (with questionable stains) and the body odour of a female skunk on heat. Watch and listen in awe, as he narrates interesting tales of his service history, current affairs, his sexual prowess - and his superior knowledge of everything 'AIR FORCE'.....Witness his nightly ritual demolition of 4 Cheese an' ham toasties, 2 packs of salt n' vinegar crisps and a pack o' dry roast peanuts. All washed down by 7 pints of lager tops. Be astounded by his magnetic rejection by the opposite sex......Be amazed at his magnificent skills on the fruit machine. Watch him drunkenly dance out of sync at the bop.....Sympathise, as he gives a multitude of reasons and excuses for why he's been passed over for promotion....and the horrendous injuries that stop him from passing his fitness test.....I could go on.....But, I don't wish to bore you....

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I'm really hoping on the Typhoon segment that they show the Royal Saudi Training Flight on the pan @ Coningsby whilst filming some fetching footage of servicing and see-off procedures......

Specifically when one of the lads (Gen Dit) walked up to a SNCO looking after the Camera Crew to inform him that, "One of those Stupid Bellend Saudi's has just created a loose article in the cockpit......"

........with the reply something like, "I'm fitted with a microphone, they can hear you..........":pDT_Xtremez_42:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
I forgot to watch it, was it any good?

No.

Created faux drama, jeopardy and tension out of routine stuff..

Will the reds be able to beat the weather out of Scampton for the queens birthday flypast? Yes, with a simple solution anyone could have thought of.

Will the techies be able to fix the igniters on one jet with smoke capability to get it to Biggin to join the party? Yes, its what they do.

Will another bunch of techies be able to travel from Scampton to Biggin to do a routine hyd filter change? Yes, its what they do.

Stuff that happens everyday, on any squadron made real tense.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
No.

Created faux drama, jeopardy and tension out of routine stuff..

Will the reds be able to beat the weather out of Scampton for the queens birthday flypast? Yes, with a simple solution anyone could have thought of.

Will the techies be able to fix the igniters on one jet with smoke capability to get it to Biggin to join the party? Yes, its what they do.

Will another bunch of techies be able to travel from Scampton to Biggin to do a routine hyd filter change? Yes, its what they do.

Stuff that happens everyday, on any squadron made real tense.

Yes but.... mention Scampton to Dazza from Essex and he won't have a scoobies where it is.