• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Pay Scales

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Anyone got any rumours or seen any element of the new pay scales yet? I know its a month or so away but there must be some gen out there, so far ive heard its 4 pay bands with Army Aircrew in the top band.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You might think that WSOp (EW) and (ACO) might be placed quite high seeing as we now have a quantifiable need for them in excess of existing numbers and no longer run courses for them.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
It was mentioned on BFBS this afternoon that it was to be released today.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
No posting from defence intranet please. Webbo, adjust your post accordingly. Cheers.

4everAD

Sergeant
The pay rise from Sgt to FS is a pittance compared to call the other promotions, around £700 when FS to WO is around £4000!

Chefs to the level 1? Not bright.
Navy crewmen and Commando crewmen level 3, RAF WsOp level 2!! Oh dear, lots of transferring then!

Anyone else see any howlers? PTIs, were they high band before?

4everAD

Sergeant
Just re-read and because I am top of my pay range now, if I promote to FS my pay rise is £300 for the first 2 years! So I will receive around £10 a month extra for the first 2 years in my new rank mmm that makes the decision to PVR a little easier!

4everAD

Sergeant
Oh it does get better! for Pers Admin Sgt currently on top pay band and increment level, on promotion to FS there is no pay rise for the first 4 years in the new rank, what's the point in taking the promotion?

Trying figure out which level I'm going on to, the one slightly more than my current level would mean I wasn't getting a 1% pay rise in 2016. I take it they're not resetting increment dates etc, it hopefully means I'll be on the top level Sgt (Band 3) as of the 7th of April which will be a nice little boost in the year the Mrs goes back to Uni.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk