• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New build Aircraft

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Britain has signed a deal with Japan and Italy to build the next generation fighter.

"The Global Combat Air Programme (GCAP) deal will see the headquarters for the cooperative defence partnership based in the UK - with a Japanese chief executive overseeing the project at the outset."

" The programme combines BAE Systems' Tempest project in the UK with the Mitsubishi F-X development scheme, alongside Italian aerospace company Leonardo. In Britain, the goal is for the new jets to take to the skies by 2035 in order to replace the RAF's Eurofighter Typhoon"

I await the ever so familair cost over runs, delays and build standard changes in the years to come, though with a Japanese head chap there might be hope for some sort of logical organisation of tasks. My guess is though, there's no way it's available by 2035.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Britain has signed a deal with Japan and Italy to build the next generation fighter.

"The Global Combat Air Programme (GCAP) deal will see the headquarters for the cooperative defence partnership based in the UK - with a Japanese chief executive overseeing the project at the outset."

" The programme combines BAE Systems' Tempest project in the UK with the Mitsubishi F-X development scheme, alongside Italian aerospace company Leonardo. In Britain, the goal is for the new jets to take to the skies by 2035 in order to replace the RAF's Eurofighter Typhoon"

I await the ever so familair cost over runs, delays and build standard changes in the years to come, though with a Japanese head chap there might be hope for some sort of logical organisation of tasks. My guess is though, there's no way it's available by 2035.
Japanese efficiency + Italian involvement, what could possibly go wrong...?😂

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
A Japanese top bod will surely insist on applying plenty of good old Japanese Quality techniques to keep the program on track.

Kaizen, Muri, Mura, Muda , Poka-Yoke, Kata, Gemba, Genchi Gembutsu and Hentai to name a few.