• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NCA leaving in droves?

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Rumour control has it that many non-commissioned aircrew are PVR'ing at a frightening rate - what's happening where you are?

PingDit
:pDT_Xtremez_42:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Rumour control has it that many non-commissioned aircrew are PVR'ing at a frightening rate - what's happening where you are?

PingDit
:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Just like they have been since I have been in the mob.
No news there I'm afraid!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm not personally but everone I seem to talk to has or is on the verge of getting out....it's not so much PVR'ing but more going timex and not signing on which means that all the experience is walking out of the door...:pDT_Xtremez_17:

W

wilsonp83

:pDT_Xtremez_06: You are right though, I know of lots of people who have PVR's in at Odiham. Repetition of constant ops on Herrick and others. Then back to no incentives in an area where you arent really welcome some might say.
Another point is that many feel that you arent compensated for doing a largely more dangerous job than other airmen aircrew on same pay:pDT_Xtremez_06:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
:pDT_Xtremez_06: You are right though, I know of lots of people who have PVR's in at Odiham. Repetition of constant ops on Herrick and others. Then back to no incentives in an area where you arent really welcome some might say.
Another point is that many feel that you arent compensated for doing a largely more dangerous job than other airmen aircrew on same pay:pDT_Xtremez_06:
Interesting, so AA get no option of type now?

W

wilsonp83

Interesting, so AA get no option of type now?

thats right, exactly as per dream sheets in every other trade now guys.

basically you can state a preference but that may not happen due to the old favourites: service needs, manning levels, trade courses and suitability etc

at the end of recruit training 9weeks, ITC 10weeks(min), then Wsop course 26weeks all the while hoping for something, this is what happens:

you get sat down in a classroom in your blues then each person in turn, name called, stand up and you are told, you sit down no comment or reaction. Once they've left you do you're thing!!

make your own mind up on that