• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Naughty Boys

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
there's a few at Tossford who can't wait for Kevin/Dale/Penguins Suck to arrive for his AMM course

Off Topic Yeh Capt Slog can't wait to take him through the pure joy of LITS, SHEF and other admin boll0cksOff Topic

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
TB

When the new AMM syllabus comes into being will you lot in the turdis actually get to do anything with the ickle darlings? I thought they would be down the airfield for the duration, with the exception of P Ed, forced development brainwashing days, anything else Trenchard Sqn can dream up to make life difficult.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
TB When the new AMM syllabus comes into being will you lot in the turdis actually get to do anything with the ickle darlings? I thought they would be down the airfield for the duration, with the exception of P Ed, forced development brainwashing days, anything else Trenchard Sqn can dream up to make life difficult.

You may well be right but you know what the AMM course is like all standards and locations for training are firmly set in jelly. Had some cluttering the hangar up only last week.

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
Off Topic Yeh Capt Slog can't wait to take him through the pure joy of LITS, SHEF and other admin boll0cksOff Topic

You forgot about QA, Policy & Regs, Tool Tags, JAP100A-01 and 02, Mods, SI(T), ALTIs, APs and my favourite subject - lots & lots of Aircraft Docs (much better than drilling holes in bits of metal for hours on end). Oh I just can't wait to see the joy on their little faces after 4 days of LITS!

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
You forgot about QA, Policy & Regs, Tool Tags, JAP100A-01 and 02, Mods, SI(T), ALTIs, APs and my favourite subject - lots & lots of Aircraft Docs (much better than drilling holes in bits of metal for hours on end). Oh I just can't wait to see the joy on their little faces after 4 days of LITS!

Take me now Lord, I'm ready...

Attachments

• shootmenow.png
    shootmenow.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 0

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You coffin dodgers confuse me. First you whine about AMMs being cardy-wearing, Sudoku playing Trek-fan O2 thieves, then you complain when they try to act like the linies of old...

Someone explain?

Confused Plumber, minus crayons.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You coffin dodgers confuse me. First you whine about AMMs being cardy-wearing, Sudoku playing Trek-fan O2 thieves, then you complain when they try to act like the linies of old..Someone explain?

The old liney used to get pi$$ed, trap off with some doris, miss the bus home spend his last few shillings on a taxi and still be at work ontime and did the job without lots of girlie whinging, they did what was required sure they bent the rules occassionally but took it on the chin when the error was brought to light.
What they didn't have was a great big A for attitude, They didn't bleat or whine they just got it done. Old lineys weren't lippy, gobby little oiks either. Old liney's on training courses just played the game, they knew the rules, Probably didn't like the rules, but played along for the course duration. RANT OVER.

If this offends any AMM's out there apologies these are just my memories of old lineys from yesteryear viewed through my very old rose tinted glasses obviously.

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
The old liney used to get pi$$ed, trap off with some doris, miss the bus home spend his last few shillings on a taxi and still be at work ontime and did the job without lots of girlie whinging, they did what was required sure they bent the rules occassionally but took it on the chin when the error was brought to light.
What they didn't have was a great big A for attitude, They didn't bleat or whine they just got it done. Old lineys weren't lippy, gobby little oiks either. Old liney's on training courses just played the game, they knew the rules, Probably didn't like the rules, but played along for the course duration. RANT OVER.

If this offends any AMM's out there apologies these are just my memories of old lineys from yesteryear viewed through my very old rose tinted glasses obviously.

No, you got it right.

P

pie sandwich

T.B. your spot on there mate, so if the little darlings want to play at being old school just put the fear of god up them, they will still go out get p1shed and have a laugh but be more inclined to play the game

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue

Too right mate they worked bloody hard and with good humour! I was taught my evil ways from the best of them (FLMs) and they really had the sh1tty end of the stick when it came to career management (what career).
You know my feelings about drawing lines in the sand - I use the blood from the 1st trainee whose head I've just ripped off with my verbal chainsaw!