• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mystery Of The Motorcyle Fan Killed By Train...

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Sounds like something out of 'The Feathermen' by Ranulph Fiennes

http://www.amazon.ca/Feather-Men-Ranulph-Sir-Fiennes/dp/0708986919

Founded in England in the late 1960s, the so-called Committee, otherwise known as the Feather Men, was a vigilante group dedicated to solving crimes that the police could not. This absorbing book details their 14-year struggle to capture the Clinic, a band of contract killers who murdered four former British soldiers. The background was this: Amr bin Issa, sheikh of a tribe in Oman, had lost four sons in his country's civil wars. Although tradition demanded that he avenge their deaths, he did nothing and was deposed as sheikh. Then he arranged with the Clinic to kill the servicemen believed responsible for the deaths of his sons. How the hired killers went about their task (making each murder look like an accident), how they were finally apprehended and how this case in 1990 also put an end to the Committee--or so Fiennes ( Hell on Ice ) contends its members have assured him--makes for a highly suspenseful tale. Readers will be given pause, however, by Fiennes's wont to romanticize vigilante justice and his assertion that for 20 years the British "have had good reason to be grateful for the Feather Men's protective presence."

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
the feather men is a great book. but the thing is is it fact or fiction!!! i read it twice and am still unsure to as which it is!!!!!

Dragoon

Sergeant
As I was reading the article, I was almost expecting them to say he had a paper or magazine dated from a few decades ago, how spooky would that have been!

Almost like he was taken by aliens ages ago, and then dumped there dead a few days ago!!

Okay, I'll shut up now....:pDT_Xtremez_06:

(It will be interesting to see how the real story pans out though, quite the mystery)

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
It's a live line, it's just the station that's been shut down, read the article properly. I'd say he's been living rough in the station myself.
He looks like an ex Cpl off 6 during the early to mid 90's..