• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My new ride!

B

bigfella

I'm at serious risk from a torrent of abuse but here goes:

Since a small boy I have had posters of these things on my bedroom wall. Joined the RAF and found they were just not cool - despite never having ridden one! If you ask the owner of one you won't get a ride either!

Biking history: FS1E, GP100, RS250, CX500S, 250 Super dream (briefly), FZ750, Super Tenere, RF900.

I shouldn't have listened to everybody for all those year cos they were lying!

After a fantastic test ride I now own a.....

Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Sport FXDX.

This'll end up in fight club I know it will.....

Attachments

• HDFXDX.jpg
    HDFXDX.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 0

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
For a start off a boy you may have been, childish you still are ... but small ! never :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Dyna Super Glide Sport FXDX. ???

Should`ve gone for the Fat Boy !

Last edited:
Parker Knoll!

Parker Knoll!

I'm at serious risk from a torrent of abuse but here goes:

Since a small boy I have had posters of these things on my bedroom wall. Joined the RAF and found they were just not cool - despite never having ridden one! If you ask the owner of one you won't get a ride either!

Biking history: FS1E, GP100, RS250, CX500S, 250 Super dream (briefly), FZ750, Super Tenere, RF900.

I shouldn't have listened to everybody for all those year cos they were lying!

After a fantastic test ride I now own a.....

Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Sport FXDX.

This'll end up in fight club I know it will.....

Hardly a torrent and with an element of tongue in cheek, here goes - You must be at that certain age! My days too of chest resting on a fuel tank are drawing to an end, however at 47 I still could not see myself at the stage of a Parker Knoll/Lazyboy recliner type ride. Did you get a set of salopettes and a leather hat with a chain on it as well.
Gizza go! It would have to be at dusk and away from the Shire in case anyone sees me!

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Nice wheels mate, I have been fancying a Yammy Drag Star for a few years now. Purely for price reasons of course..... :pDT_Xtremez_06:

I sat on a sportster when I was 19 and I must admit I was impressed :pDT_Xtremez_42:

B

bigfella

Nice wheels mate, I have been fancying a Yammy Drag Star for a few years now. Purely for price reasons of course..... :pDT_Xtremez_06:

I sat on a sportster when I was 19 and I must admit I was impressed :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Get down the hog dealer matey you might be surprised at the prices at the moment. The credit crunch seems to have a silver lining.......

More Amalgum Please!

More Amalgum Please!

Get down the hog dealer matey you might be surprised at the prices at the moment. The credit crunch seems to have a silver lining.......

Have you let your dentist know you've bought a Harley, he'd undoubtedly be cock-a-hoop and rubbing his hands together with impending regular visitations from Bigfella to get the fillings replaced that his Harley had managed to rattle out of their orifices.
Gizza go!

planesailing

Always a Liney
My new ride!

I prefer this type of ride!

Or one of these

Attachments

• douglas_sportique.jpg
    douglas_sportique.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 0
  • firebird.jpg
    firebird.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 0
P

pie sandwich

All you need are studded leather chaps, and a big droopy tash and your all set :pDT_Xtremez_17:

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
I`m nicking this from someone on who has it as a foot note about Rugby.
Sorry who ever it is ...

Harley riders may inherit the earth, they just better stay off the racing line ...

B

bigfella

Have you let your dentist know you've bought a Harley, he'd undoubtedly be cock-a-hoop and rubbing his hands together with impending regular visitations from Bigfella to get the fillings replaced that his Harley had managed to rattle out of their orifices.
Gizza go!

You can ride my RF900 but the Hog key are stain in my pocket!

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
Now looking at that riding position, I`m guessing your kneesliders are now redundant ! That said I went out (and do every Wed night) with these boys http://www.ccairbikerfriends.de/index.php and it was a most entertaining firework display as the running boards an exhausts touched down. Oh how I laughed as they dug in an lifted the back wheel ... :pDT_Xtremez_31:

B

bigfella

Now looking at that riding position, I`m guessing your kneesliders are now redundant !

I guess so. I'll hang what's left of em in a suitable position for posterity.

No points left on licence for that nonsense anymore.

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
No points left on licence for that nonsense anymore.

Or braincells left in your head. Look ! 2 issues with this.

1. You are British ... what`s wrong with a Triumph Bonneville ? (Oh yeah, razorblade ... you`d have to crowbar it out of your ar5e after a ride). OK, Trident or Rocket III then ...

2. You have a wife and kids, therefore are clearly not gay so why choose a homosexual(Cruiser {see what I did there}) bike ? or has there been a recent lifestyle change on the QT :pDT_Xtremez_06:

You`re going to knock me out next time we meet aren`t you :pDT_Xtremez_42:

B

bigfella

I'll answer these in order then

1. Trumpets - Mate is most qualified Triumph mechanic in Scotland says thet are sh1te. He's got qty 3 Rocket III's in the que for an engine strip down & rebuild. The last one dropped a valve when he tried to start it. Have you seen a Rocket III??? And you call a Harley a Tractor. You need glasses mate.

2. Correct - not a gay. But this bike was cheaper, more reliable and 50 mpg. A totally selfless act with my family in mind throughout.

3. Yes indeedy. I may even crush your head a little.

Have a nice weekend!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
And I in return will answer them in order:-

1. I didn`t mention tractors( though on 6.5 acres it`d be handy). Firestorm did. I talked about the racing line, and if you can keep something that handles like a drunk baby elephant on a half inflated bouncy castle on that line ... well, fair one. (I bet he`s got a VTR, not an SP-1 or 2).

2. CHEAPER ? MPG ? ... you`re not Scottish even tho you live there ... FFS

3. Crush my head ? I`m indestructable ... you`ve been trying for 25 years what makes you this is you`re gold medal event !

Bikes are a state of mind ... that being BLISS.

If it makes you happy BigFella ... ( ooh sounds like a Cheryl Crow lyric) ... enjoy.

And happy Anniversary.

S

Scottow Horseshoe

On the lamp post outside my house..........

On the lamp post outside my house..........

Sorry, V-twins are for dumper truck engines, Belt drive is for Spin dryers and Footboards are for Landrover Discoveries, borrowed a Sportster for a week gave it back to my cousin and asked him nicely not to visit on it ever again, i'd rather have his aged Skoda outside!.......

Our Lass even went out and bought me a pipe and slippers the day after I parked it up outside the house, she was just outside and on her way to buy me a cardigan and stopped her dead in her tracks when I bought the ZL..........

Never been happier, but as they say...."each to their own"..HA-HA-HArley......be careful, the next thing you could be listening to Motley Crue and having a Perm!! or even worse, shaving the hair off leaving the goatee and calling yourself "Rob".....:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Attachments

• 33_1_b.jpg
    33_1_b.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0

uber pikey

Sergeant
Big fella, I used to dream of these bikes as a child as well as being Eddie Lawson and the likes of Ron Haslam one day and if you asked me when I was fifteen if I wanted a Harley Glide then yes it would be, however these days I will settle for a bit more oumph!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Whatever

Whatever

If it gets you out and makers you happy, crack on.

Far too much cleaning involved for me, so it don't float me boat.