• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My Hobby

• Thread starter A CLING NERDS HORN
  • Start date
A

A CLING NERDS HORN

I'm a big fan of japanese animation, or anime, and manga, japanese comics. I used to be the president of OTAKUT, a student organisation for manga and anime fans. Thank heavens I got rid of that position - there was way too much responsibility for very little gain ;-).

I'm also an active member of Manga ja anime yhdistys, a Finnishanime fan club. ;)

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Please tell me this is a wind up or a Wah! as the army say. This man cannot be serious! too much responsibilty running a cartoon club! Are you ferkin' mad! Get a life and try to realise that the light peeping between your blinds is reality beckoning! (methinks in my outrage I used to many !!!!'s)

A

A CLING NERDS HORN

Japanese anime

Japanese anime

Just in case you were interested, as you did answer the thread so I can only assume you are interested.

Anime is the Japanese word for Animation. In Japan, the animation industry is much more towards the forefront than it is in the United States, and shows covering virtually every genre can be found in the form of television shows, Original Animation Videos (OAVs or OVAs) and feature films.

Much like any other entertainment medium, anime can range from the very silly to the very serious, and is not necessarily intended for children or any specific age group. :)

Over the past thirty years, many anime titles have made their way to the U.S. Recently, there has been a tremendous upsurge in the U.S. Anime market, with several commercial companies releasing English-language anime into the theatrical market and for home release on videocassette and laserdisc.

Some useful terminology:

* Subtitled anime is anime that has been translated into English with the original Japanese soundtrack preserved. The English dialogue appears in the form of a "text track" across the bottom of the screen.
* Dubbed anime is anime that has had the original Japanese soundtrack replaced by a new track with English-speaking actors. In most cases, the original music is preserved.

You can find most commercial titles fairly easily; most chain video-rental stores (Blockbuster in particular) have started stocking a variety of titles. Comic Book and SF specialty stores as well as places like Suncoast Motion Picture Company have many videos for purchase as well. ;)

Stax

Flight Sergeant
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH! This bloke has his head up his 'Arris, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care what the ferk you call them or whether they are big in the states (as opposed to Big in Japan) Come back from the light and join us in reality!

A

A CLING NERDS HORN

Arigato

Arigato

Thankyou, or should i say "Arigato". You have taken the time to read my thread AGAIN!!!!!!. So here are some useful words for you to try

Greetings/Salutations/Goodbyes/Social Graces

Yes - Hai (polite, sort of "yes, sir!"), Ee (polite), Un, Sou (+desu to be polite).

No - Iie (polite), Iya (this can also mean "hate"). Uun (very hard to tell apart from "Un" ^^; . Though the Japanese avoid saying flat out "no"s a lot. If someone asks you "do you like sushi?" instead of saying just plain "no", you might want to say "amari suki ja nai" ("I don’t like it very much")

Nice to meet you (for the first time) - Hajimemashite

Hello (good afternoon) - Kon’nichi wa

Hi - Yo~

‘Ssup! - Osu!

Good morning - Ohayoo (add "~gozaimasu" at the end to be polite)

Good evening - Konban wa

How are you? - Genki? (add "~desu ka?" at the end to be polite)

Thank you - Arigato (add "~gozaimasu" at the end to be polite)

You’re welcome - Doo itashimashite (accepting their thanks) or Iie (saying what you did was no problem/your pleasure)

Please… - …onegaishimasu

Please (give me)… - …kudasai.

When you are comfortable with these phrases let me know and we can move onto more difficult phrases such as "Mune o sawaru na"

Good luck and see you soon back here

T

The Lord Flasheart

Nerds Horn. I'm into Bukkake. Fancy lending me your missus?

CONGRATSGEEK.jpg

Last edited:
A

A CLING NERDS HORN

I will ask her

I will ask her

Bukkake can also mean a Japanese noodle preparation method? You want my missus to prepare noodles with you?

OK I'll ask her but I dont think she will go for it, she might think you are a Harigata. Still never mind eh. ;)

T

The Lord Flasheart

I was thinking more along the lines of me and several of my mates lobbing our range glue over her mush.

A

A CLING NERDS HORN

I did ask

I did ask

Well I did ask her.

She was concerned about your aim and said "Couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel"

There you go. Never mind better luck next time. Perhaps you and your mates could compare sizes and see who is in fact the biggest c*ck ;)

T

The Lord Flasheart

Its a no brainer. We all said you were.

Our aim doesnt need to be good. She neednt bother wearing a hat.

A

A CLING NERDS HORN

wow

wow

I asked for you again as you seem so keen and she said..........

"I'm not their type. I'm not inflatable".:D

Sorry and all that. ;)

T

The Lord Flasheart

Shes telling you porkies mate. There is nowt she likes more than being scuttled by at least a platoons worth of chaps. Why do you think she has a flange like a clowns pocket?

A

A CLING NERDS HORN

Well

Well

Save your breath...You'll need it to blow up your date. :eek:

T

The origional Pob

hmmm...

hmmm...

Japanese I could have sworn use characters for writing ...so how could anime be the Japanese word for animation?????
As for the trekkies....where is Del Goffin when You need him??? :eek:

Last edited:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Anime, Aniyou, Anihim, Aniher, Anilorry, Ani old iron!

Anime, Aniyou, Anihim, Aniher, Anilorry, Ani old iron!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ snort what oops sorry just woke up!

A

A CLING NERDS HORN

Ok now you hve had time to learn those phrases from earlier here is some background information for you.

The Japanese alphabet is simple. It is based on 5 vowel sounds (and the diphthongs made my combining the sounds) and everything is spelled syllabically.

Their 5 vowel sounds are "a, i, u, e, o". (Pronounced "ah, ee, ooh, eh, oh"). Then, consonants can be placed before the vowels. The consonants are "k, s (sh), t (ch), n, h, m, y, r, w, g, z (j), d (j), p, and b." Some combinations can also be made with "k" and "ya" to make "kya" and "r" and "ya" to make "rya"…etc. ^-^;;

Well, ANYWAY, the consonants are pretty straightforward as far as pronunciation goes (though "r" is sort of a mix between "l", "r", and "d"… it even varies from speaker to speaker… o_O). And, naturally, all of these sounds are slightly different from the sounds we make in English, but I’d need sound files to explain that ^^;;;;;,

So BASICALLY, to make yourself understood when pronouncing stuff you read from a dictionary or from my phrases, remember the vowel sounds mentioned above, along with these diphthongs and long vowels:

"ai" - as in "die"
"ei" - as in "day"
"oi" - as in "toy"

And as for the long vowels; the only confusing one is "oo". In many romaji-style dictionaries, you’ll find the word "benkyoo" for "study". If this word were spelled with the Japanese syllables, however, it would use "be-n-ki-(small yo)-u". The "ki" and the "small ‘yo’" combine to make "kyo", and the "u" after the "o" sound means you hold the "o" out a beat longer than just plain "benkyo". Sometimes you’ll also see a horizontal line over the "o"… All the other vowels can also be long (not just "o"); just if you see "benkyoo", don’t pronounce it "benkyue" as in rhyming with "shoe" ^_^;

Double consonants (like in "hara hetta") are spoken with an emphasis. Plain old "Heta" would be pronounced simply "he-ta". With "Hetta", however, you pause a little between the "he" and the "ta" and sort of spit out the "t" a little stronger. When singing a double consonant, you hold out the preceding consonant-vowel syllable for one extra count. In this case, "Hetta" would be pronounced "he-e-ta" ^_^; Just try not to mix up your singing and speaking accents…

Hope that helps you all a little. :eek:

A

A CLING NERDS HORN

Ok here are some more phrases

That's not right Sum Ting Wong

Are you harboring a fugitive? Hu Ya Hai Ding?

See me A.S.A.P. Kum Hai Nao

Stupid Man Dum Gai

Your body odor is offensive. Yu Stin Ki Pu

Keep learning.