• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Muscle Building Supplements

B

BennoMc85

Morning all, so i've been thinking for some time now about adding a muscle building supplement to my regime. My muslce definition has increased dramatically since i started up at the gym 4 months ago, and i am lifting heavier weights for sure, but maybe not as heavy as i should be doing after 4 months (not that am bothered about how much i can lift).

My question to you all today is this, what if any supplements do any of you guys use, and what have you found to have have the best and quickest results? Budgets are in mind, and i ideally would like something in the 30-40quid range p/m if possible (although i know this may be a stretch).

My inention is not to turn into an MMA superstr overnight, but maybe just tone up and increase my definition a bit more :)

As always, all answers will be greatly appreciated :)

p.s. does anyone know anything about this WHEY protein? apparetnly its quite good, but i have heard negative reviews also.

Vagabond

Sergeant
I noticed a big difference when I started using a 'cheapish' low calorie protein drink. I didn't want to get huge so it was just a bit of an add-on to a high protein low-fat diet. I'm not really into taking a great deal of supplements because I want to remain fit rather than big. If you need to bulk up try weight gain but be careful if you stop training. I think the whey stuff is for the dudes that like to wear budgie smugglers and visit tanning salons.

I'm no expert on this but be careful about spending lots of hard earned that you will just sh1te out beacause your body's overloaded on it.

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
I found the best results using Maximuscle Cyclone, tastes ok and mixes well too. About £30 a tub from Amazon

Mag2grid

Corporal
BSN Syntha 6 is what I used when I was on the Sqn, mega stuff. But doesnt always mix as well. Tastes good.

I hit the gym a fair bit and like you dont want to be huge, just stay fit and health whilst maybe putting on a little bit of good muscle mass and dropping body fat percentage

I use whey protein and creatine to supplement my diet. I know a few people who use the all in ones like cyclone or myprotein.com's hurricane XS and have good results

I stick to the protein and creatine because it works out that it has less calorie content per serving than a all in one mix - but im debating switching back to myprotein.com's hurricane XS.

It is though, all about your diet! Eat crap, look crap!

Hope this helps!

D

Dribble

I have to say alot of people badmouth maximuscle due to its branding etc but the best results i ever got were also on Cyclone. If your looking at your first supplement, id consider trying just cyclone dont bother with creatine etc yet, wait until your really hitting a pleatua before you start doing cycles with creatine and no2 etc.

When i was at my leanest i used to run a simple cycle of Cyclone for x amount of weeks with a heavy routine (something like 4 times a week doing mainly full body or split body routines concentrating on compound exercises), followed by a cycles using whey protein (I used to buy reflex's whey protein because its very good value compared to maximuscles promax) and doing x amoutn of weeks with isolation split routines. Found this to be the best for me personally but everybody is different so you've got to experiment.

Obi Wan

Sergeant
This might sound pretty radical, but.......................Natural food (Plenty of Veg), chemical free, and taking your time to improve your muscle structure. and training to the limits that your body can take.boxer

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
This might sound pretty radical, but.......................Natural food (Plenty of Veg), chemical free, and taking your time to improve your muscle structure. and training to the limits that your body can take.boxer

Excellent advice and can I add proper technique as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZX128K

LAC
I would leave supplements out mate, get all protein from natural food, eat plenty of chicken, beef, tuna, peanut butter, cottage cheese, as said above plenty of fresh fruit and veg
Get a good weights routine I recommend full body workout 3 times a week.
Example

Squats
Deadlifts
Bench press
Military or Arnold press
Bent over rows
Pull ups

Try doing sets 5x5
Do this for 6 months you will notice a big difference

If your unsure google each exercise to perfect your form or ask pti

G

Grease_monkey

A lot of good advice in this thread. If you are going to take any supplement,make it protein.
I take nutrisport Pro 90+. Like the name suggests,it has 90 grams of protein per 100 grams. I have trained for weight trained for 12 years and never found a higher protein content. It's also relatively good value. I think it tastes ok,but others i have reccomended it too didn't like it. At the end of the day your taking it for the protein,so if you want something that tastes nice go to McDonalds and get a milkshake.

Diet and lifestyle are very important as already mentioned by other people,but this doesn't mean supplements should be avoided.A fast digesting protein shake taken immediatly after your workout will get to your muscles fast,when they need it most.

If you are still getting stronger you don't need creatine.

Be careful which PTI you ask for advice. I have met some that are very good,know there stuff about weights, and will give good advice. I have also met some that are brilliant at volleyball and hockey but know cockall about weights, and will fob you off with a load of waffle that will hinder more than help!

The most important thing to remember,as someone has already said, is GOOD TECHNIQUE!

D

Dribble

The most important thing to remember,as someone has already said, is GOOD TECHNIQUE!

Yup... Good form with low weights is alot better than watching people pulling off 40kg bicep curls whilst almost doing the limbo at the same time:pDT_Xtremez_14:

D

divorced again

If you are going to use supplements, Cyclone works well but is expensive.

I've used something called creadex which I found to be excellent for strength gains. Google TSST supplements and search for creadex, it was on offer, reduced from £64 to £12.50 - bargain!!!

A mix of a good quality creatine and a high protein intake will give you the gains you want.

Don't forget to eat well and rest - training 7 days a week won't work.

I train 4 times a week for no more than an hour on the weights per session, get in get it done and feed your muscles with lots of protein, it's the best way - honest!!!

Good luck.

:pDT_Xtremez_30: