• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Muliti function power tool for maasonry

Entropy

Sergeant
I need to cut out 5 double plug sockets around the house and wondered if these muliti function tools would be any good for the job. All the sockets will be in brick walls but I haven't yet seen a blade for masonry. Just wondered if there was such a thing?

I don't want to look at hiring a chasing tool as I am tighter than a ducks chuff in water, and at a ton a a day it feels to rich for a days work.

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
I need to cut out 5 double plug sockets around the house and wondered if these muliti function tools would be any good for the job. All the sockets will be in brick walls but I haven't yet seen a blade for masonry. Just wondered if there was such a thing?

I don't want to look at hiring a chasing tool as I am tighter than a ducks chuff in water, and at a ton a a day it feels to rich for a days work.

Get yourself an SDS drill, some masonry bits, and a set of these:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-sds-plus-chisel-set-3-pcs/13267

You may not use it all the time, but when you do it's very useful bit of kit.

Digzster

Sergeant
Why a power tool? If you only have 5 to install, use the old fashioned method - lump hammer and 2" bolster.