• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Movies

Mighty_Wokka

Corporal
Billy Whizz said:
If there are any Joss Whedon fans out there (Buffy the Vampire Slayer & Angel) try watching Firefly series on DVD and Serenity.
Yeah Serenity is good - although I've never seen Firefly (more of a battlestar galatica type myself).

DaVinci code looks great...cant wait - might go to London town and see it on the Big Big screen :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Mighty_Wokka said:
Yeah Serenity is good - although I've never seen Firefly (more of a battlestar galatica type myself).

DaVinci code looks great...cant wait - might go to London town and see it on the Big Big screen :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Firefly is the Prequel to Serenity. The series got binned after 1 series so they finished the story by making Serenity. It has a huge following in the States on the scale of Trekkies etc.

Reading DaVinci Code at the moment so no ruining the story for me! Probably got a few months till it hits the Big Screen down here! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Mighty_Wokka

Corporal
Billy Whizz said:
Firefly is the Prequel to Serenity. The series got binned after 1 series so they finished the story by making Serenity. It has a huge following in the States on the scale of Trekkies etc.
Yeah my Brother keeps offering to lend me the dvd and bangs on about farscape also

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Mighty_Wokka said:
Yeah my Brother keeps offering to lend me the dvd and bangs on about farscape also

Know the feeling. The missus is mad on Farscape, Alias, Angel etc etc so have to sit through all the boxsets - several episodes at a time - each time I get a dig in the kidneys for falling asleep - no matter how horny the women are in all the above! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

what is the synopsis of Serenity then? If it sounds interesting I might have a look (will have to be when Mrs BEngO is out - not her cup of tea).

Someone mentioned Battlestar Galactica - I'm quietly enjoying the series on Sky. I find it's more like The West Wing than sci-fi and is a very interesting observation on Post 9/11 America (the enemy within, war on terror etc). Works on many levels.

Back to movies - anyone seen the British Comedy about Weddings (forget the name) with Martin Freeman et al? Any good?

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
TheHogwartsBEngO said:
what is the synopsis of Serenity then? If it sounds interesting I might have a look (will have to be when Mrs BEngO is out - not her cup of tea).

Basically, a bunch of defeated rebels are hiding a brother a sister from the Alliance. She's got special powers and kicks some serious arse!

Its best to watch Firefly before Serenity - bit more background.

Bit of a Western theme going on, with Earth 2 and Star Wars thrown in for good measure!

Mighty_Wokka

Corporal
hmm a triple posting! now thats good going!!

Agree Battlestar Galactica is excellent.

Back to movies - anyone seen the British Comedy about Weddings (forget the name) with Martin Freeman et al? Any good?

Confetti?? I've heard its not that good - We went to see 'A cock and bull story' best brit comedy for ages blah blah...well apart from the last 5 minutes that'll be a no.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Nice Avatar Mighty W!

I take you shall be glued to C4 on Tuesday night then?

M

MyShineyAr$e

TheHogwartsBEngO said:
Nice Avatar Mighty W!

I take you shall be glued to C4 on Tuesday night then?

I know I will be. Although Mrs ShineyAr$e is getting frustrated at the show now so not sure how long I'll be allowed to carry on watching.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

MyShineyAr$e said:
I know I will be. Although Mrs ShineyAr$e is getting frustrated at the show now so not sure how long I'll be allowed to carry on watching.

Mrs BEngO's brother lives in Canada and they are 18-odd episodes into Series 2 - he says he seems to slow down a bit and get frustrating - before picking up again.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Mighty_Wokka said:
hmm a triple posting! now thats good going!!

Sorry Mighty Wokka - bit of computer trouble 8000 miles away! F**king thing froze up on me then I went off shift without seeing my attempts to submit the post had actually worked - in triplicate!

Have rectified my error! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Mighty_Wokka

Corporal
Da Vinci Code

Da Vinci Code

Da Vinci Code

I saw this on Saturday night and enjoyed it. To my mind it was 'exactly' the same as the book. Therein lies the problem, my girlfriend said she liked it but as we've both read the book - 'there were no surprises and she knew what to expect'. So for a book thats sold millions - all these fans are going to see is basically the book transferred to the big screen - no more, no less. I think they have over hyped the whole thing and plenty of people will go having not read the book and as two girls in front of us said 'that was sooo boring!' - well I suppose from all the hype the non-reader will expect more bang for their buck but with Da Vinci thats not the point. This is no X-Men 3 summer blockbuster full of chases,explosions,excitement and CGI...Da Vinci is a 'talkie' - Its the revalations about history that blow you apart not a CGI mushroom cloud and I fear this is why the average filmgoer will be less than impressed.

****/*****

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Cold Mountain

Cold Mountain

Watched it on Sky over the weekend. Really rather good. Bit slow at first, a few gory battle scenes but I was half-way to the arms of morpheus when thankfully Rene Zellweger pitched up. Film was turned on its head by her character's appearance - bringing comedy, spark and real screen presence.

I can definately see why Rene got the Oscar. The film is quite an epic and has a cheesy ending but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I really started to empathise with the main characters and this takes some doing these days.

One of Mrs BEngO's choices but one I approve of.

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Oh My God

Oh My God

For a bunch of rufty tufty military blokes there is some very geeky comments and movies getting promulgated on this thread. Mind you took the bairn to go and watch X Men III yesterday and thoroughly recommend it.

Best movie of all time - Aliens "we're on an express elevator to hell - going down"

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Going to see the Da Vinci Code tonight. I have read the book so I'm not expecting much.

Best movie of all time, I don't have a single one but the best include 'The Italian Job', The original Star Wars trilogy, 'Airplane' and 'Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail'

...and that my liege is how we know the world to be banana shaped.

This new science fascinates me Bedevere, tell me again how sheeps' bladders can be used to predict earthquakes...

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Best movies of all time....

1) Goodfellas :pDT_Xtremez_25:
2) Godfather 2 --- then the other 2 :pDT_Xtremez_32:
3) Scarface :pDT_Xtremez_35:
4) Dumb and Dumber... classic! :pDT_Xtremez_30: