• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Movies

O

oldhamboy1967

Anyone seen any crackers recently on the big screen? And did they live up to the hype?

Saw King Kong over Xmas and thought it was fantastic.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Not recently but get a copy of "Ray" on DVD, stunning biopic of the master of R&B and Soul. Jamie Foxx is superb and not only had prosthetics fitted to make him blind whilst filming, but actually played the piano in many of the scenes. Ray Charles himself did the singing but unfortunately died just before the film was complete.

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Went to see the Narnia film as well and have to agree it was bloody good, even if it is meant for kids.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

not on the big screen, but I have watched Donnie Darko 3 times now. It's a great film and I think I'm starting to understand it.

But can anyone actually tell me what the fcuk it's supposed to be about in the end?:pDT_Xtremez_21:

W

wearthefoxhat

Bewitched!, Bewitched!

Bewitched!, Bewitched!

Yes Bewitched. I was 'forced' to watch it but found Michael Caine to be very funny in it.
Classic lines such as "But they do sleep with him so what's the problem?"
As well as that Nicole Kidman is defo worth a squirt!
:pDT_Xtremez_15:

R

RATEMYRANK

i watched that lucky number slevern a while back and found that it was one of the best id seen in a while.. **** and a half/*****

K

kit

SirSaltyHelmet said:
Went to see Narnia before Xmas, awesome film, well worth it. Just waiting for Ice Age 2 now

Ice Age2 will have you rolling around the floor in pain after the first 30 secs it that funny, but the ending is really really really < please keep adding> cheesy and very 'moral', very american/hoolywood.

O

oldhamboy1967

Ice Age 2...?

Ice Age 2...?

I'm off down to London this weekend, but I don't think I'll seeing any cartoons! But MI3 might be worth a look on the big screens in Leicester Square. :pDT_Xtremez_26:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

We stumbled upon the First Ice Age film one boring rainy Sunday afternoon and absolutely loved it! Haven't seen the sequel yet but we intend to. I think the makers of kids films have finally realised something about who takes (and pays for) children to see kids movies - so more often than not children's films are appealing more and more to an adult audience. Toy Story, Monsters Inc and the Incredibles had some nice nods to the grown-ups - jokes that sail over the heads of yongsters but hit home with the adults. Very clever writing.

The Wallace and Grommet film was much the same.

I'm really looking forward to Pixar's latest offering - Cars. The teaser trailers look fantastic!

And as for Ice Age - why do I feel a certain empathy to the Squirrel? :pDT_Xtremez_21:

M

MyShineyAr$e

TheHogwartsBEngO said:
And as for Ice Age - why do I feel a certain empathy to the Squirrel? :pDT_Xtremez_21:

Because you like having nuts in your mouth?

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

MyShineyAr$e said:
Because you like having nuts in your mouth?

oh please! I was trying to be metaphorical (real word?) - in that the squirrel's only ambition is to safely bury his food - but is seems to be a constant struggle and everything he tries results in some kind of unexpected catastrophic event.

Basically, what seems to be a very simple task is a constant battle. I have a lot of empathy with that.

The squirrel also has a fantastic 'dejected' look at the end of his sequences - much like the expression I wear as I leave the office each evening.

B

Bluntend

TheHogwartsBEngO said:
...The squirrel also has a fantastic 'dejected' look at the end of his sequences - much like the expression I wear as I leave the office each evening.

So you look dejected when you're leaving the office, eh? I am usually more than happy on the way home...

:pDT_Xtremez_31:

M

MyShineyAr$e

I watched Sahara t'other week. Never read the Dirk Pitt novels but the film was enjoyable.

Booked my tickets for the Da Vinci Code. Book was excellent, will the film live up to it?

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Bluntend said:
So you look dejected when you're leaving the office, eh? I am usually more than happy on the way home...

:pDT_Xtremez_31:

I tend to perk up on the way home - perhaps I should have said "similar to the expression I wear just before I leave my desk"

S

shoutingwind

Jarhead is pretty good- its very much like the book.
Brokeback mountain- nice love story but lots of gay sex.
Memoirs of a giesha- fantastic! (its a bit of a girly film though)
and i agree with kit- the first 30 seconds of Ice Age2 are soo funny its hurts.
Oh and 8 below was really good too- not too cheesy its the kinda film you can sit at home and snuggle up with a glass of wine and watch knowing you'll feel better at the end................

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
shoutingwind said:
Jarhead is pretty good- its very much like the book.
Brokeback mountain- nice love story but lots of gay sex.
Memoirs of a giesha- fantastic! (its a bit of a girly film though)
and i agree with kit- the first 30 seconds of Ice Age2 are soo funny its hurts.
Oh and 8 below was really good too- not too cheesy its the kinda film you can sit at home and snuggle up with a glass of wine and watch knowing you'll feel better at the end................

Maybe you should start your own thread like Sausage 2 did and E-goat can have a film critic as well as an agony uncle! Just don't review the sort of material he watches! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
If there are any Joss Whedon fans out there (Buffy the Vampire Slayer & Angel) try watching Firefly series on DVD and Serenity.