• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Movies

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Watched the latest cartoon epic "Over the hedge" last night... what a hoot!!! Sides hurt

Ps Best films in last few years have got to be the LOTR trilogy, outstanding effort by the hobbit lookalike from New Zealand

Mighty_Wokka

Corporal
X Men III

I've been told its worth waiting till all the credits have finished - important little 30 second ditty at the end

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Shichinin no samurai

Shichinin no samurai

A poor village under attack by bandits recruits seven unemployed samurai to help them defend themselves..
Awsome!!!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_27:

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Thats the one. Directed by Akira Kurosawa.
Never seen a Kurosawa film? Then surely this would be the best one to see first.
Akira was a true master of the cinematic arts. This film was also the first film to use a Wipe as one way of changing from one scene to another. This technique was later used in "Star Wars".

Star Wars? Crap film about some people in space. Absolute rubbish. That big tall bloke chew something or other, I think he was from Wales, definately needed a hair cut.

D

Dark Angel

Cheesy Classic

Cheesy Classic

I know its really cheesy but someone has got to mention Top Gun, '' I'll put on the brakes, he'll fly right by,'':pDT_Xtremez_15: . Thinking of going to the movies with my hubby this weekend any recommendations?

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Yojimbo. Great film. You will love it.

A Samurai (the great Toshiro Mifune) having lost his master discovers an utterly corrupt town and uses both his cunning and his sword to clean it up. This is filmmaking at its marvelously austere, yet it has sudden bursts of electrifying action, yet its stern morality sobering, in the blackness of its comedy often quite delicious.:pDT_Xtremez_26:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Thought I'd re-kindle this thread as I've seen a couple of very good films recently.

- Superman Returns - Excellent film - and the lead role actor's resemblance to the late Christopher Reeves is astounding

Cars - (Disney Pixar). Superb, can't rate this film highly enough. Loads of the usual Pixar in-jokes and hidden references to their previous films like Toy Story, Bugs Life, Finding Nemo etc. A charming story about needing friends and not being predjudiced - it also has a theme about the decline of 'rural' communities due to the building of by-passes and also about slowing down to appreciate life and your surroundings. At it's heart though, it is a film about 'growing up' and realising that there is more to life than your own goals. Works on many levels.

The animation is superb too, at times you have to remind yourself that you are watching a cartoon (typical pixar) and the level of detail is staggering.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Went to see "Miami Vice" last weekend. Apart from the name of the Movie and the characters it bears little resemblance to the series, no alligator called "Elvis" for a start, and not a rolled up jacket sleeve to be seen! Mind, good stunts, lots of Hollywood machine guns and cheesy lines (wait for the one said by the woman inthe trailer nearthe end!) It filled and early Saturday evening prior to a nice meal and a few beers.