• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Motorist becomes first convicted of hogging motorway middle lane

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
I wonder whether it only went to court after he challenged it - if so he may have only have been roasted to the max for the cheek of not turning up!

Mag2grid

Corporal
I wonder whether it only went to court after he challenged it - if so he may have only have been roasted to the max for the cheek of not turning up!

Depends on the CPS. All of mine for careless and inconsiderate driving (to give it its proper title) haven't gone to court for a full trialthey have just accepted the penalty, mainly as I show them the video I will use in court, case in point a driver in the middle lane of the M25 from junc 16 through to 21, highlight every operating they had to move into lane 1 or 2 then 1 safely and normally they accept they are wrong, highlight the undertaking etc. I've had one nearly go to trial,but drivers brief asking for disclosure of the video he pleaded at the hearing (a hearing must be held if the driver refuses the offer of a conditional fix penalty, we just done turn up to give evidence, if he changes his mind at the 11th hour the Judges get annoyed and adjourn it).

you went to court and challengedit then expect to walk away with your wallet lighter and your drivers licence more heavy.