• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Motivation

H

hatter@32

Hi Everybody,

I am having difficulty with getting myself going again after a lay up with a hamstring injury.

Was wondering if anybody had any advice as to getting myself going again feeling a bit disheartened as it seems im starting all over again.

Thanks

Hatter

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Do you want to join the superb organistation that is the Royal Air Force? If so that should be all the motivation you need...

H

hatter@32

I do want to join the RAF, i guess im just on a downer as I felt I was doing really well and now feel its all gone to sh1t and Im back at the begining, but thanks for the reply it hit the nail on the head.

A

AndyCarter

Whens your start date? I find if iv missed fitness i think i gotta work hard and it will be harder for about the first week. after that i start feeling fitter and that motivates me.

H

hatter@32

Havent got a start date, had my application closed after xmas, got to reapply when trade reopens.

I have started cycling again so will do it for a few weeks just to get back into the swing of things and then crack on with running and stuff.

sapper

LAC
Firstly, it's great to see another Luton Town supporter on the forum, there are not many of us about!!
I also had a hamstring injury a few years ago and it took months for it to get better, although being a bit older it probably took me longer to get over it than others.

For you to get over the problems you are having with motivation I think you should set yourself realistic targets. For instance complete a 3 mile circuit in a steady pace and time yourself. Continue with other running and exercise and do the same 3 mile circuit again. You will get faster without really noticing the increase in speed and the route will feel not as long.

By setting yourself realistic, acheivable targets in a specific time frame it will help keep you focused and motivated.

The previous post also said that you need to keep in mind why you are doing this. Whatever it is that drives on with the RAF, keep that as your focus.

Good Luck

H

hatter@32

Cheers for the advice Sapper and what a bonus that your a Hatter as well, at least i know the advice is sound!!!

At 33 the old hamstrings take a tad longer to heal than I thought, A relative who is a sports physio suggested swimming for a bit and then start running again slowly at first and not much distance. So thats what I have done and attempt the old mile and half on Monday (timed of course). At least I know I can swim alot better now.