• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MOT run out?

foxOneFive

Corporal
Obviously if your MOT has run out we have a 6 month extension. The place I have been taking my car and bikes have been ringing me and texting me like mad in the last week, because they need the work. I get that, but why should I do it now as I can wait for another 5 or so months?

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
The Government are under pressure here from the Garage Industry Regulating body to reduce this 6 month extension.

But......you are still following Government Regulations, unless of course they capitulate and suddenly rule out such extensions leaving everyone high and dry.

My car is due this week but I last had it in the Garage in February where I had a full video sent to me by the mechanics of the car giving it a clean bill of health. So I'm happy to follow the Regulation here and claim those 6 months.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Not forgetting that if your MOT is extended and you are involved in an incident and there is a fault with your vehicle they will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Why can't we align with modern times and make the MOT a two year occurrence?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Surprised they don't make it age dependent, 2 yearly for first 6 or 7 years and then yearly after that, the first and second owners can normally afford to get their cars serviced properly, after that it can be a bit roulette.