• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Module 1 & Module 2 Tests

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Well, after 9 months of learning on a 125, and after successfully passing my theory test a couple of weeks ago I have put in for both my Module 1 and Module 2 tests in mid-July and early August respectively.

Are there any tips for the two tests? Anyone done them recently - what should I look out for? Also, can anyone recommend a good first post-test bike to go out and buy?

Mag2grid

Corporal
MOD 1:

When doing the final straight line speed test/braking test DO NOT look at the speedo, go by your engine noise, that will tell you if you are at the right speed. I saw loads of lads plough through the cones who had looked at the speedo and failed.

As always, look where you want the bike to go and the moves, and it will go that way.

On the whole MOD 1 isnt too bad, slow speed control around the fig of 8 can be an a$$ if you havent mastered clutch control at slow speeds.

MOD 2

Cant really give you any for this, other then look over your shoulder whenever you do a move. Also when pulling up to a junction make sure you are in a defensive position, ie if turning left think you yourself am I close enough to the corner to stop someone/thing getting past me on the inside (my examiner tried it on his Pan European, think he was trying to prove a point).