• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MODNet Mobile User

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Does anyone still in know the practical differences between being a modnet mobile user vs a fixed user?

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Fixed user = MODNET desktop UAD, really sh!t.

Mobile user = MODNET laptop, even more sh!t.

Not really, can access everything the same from a laptop these days. Was pretty dire to begin with, but since the last lot of updates there is no real difference.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
There is no longer a distinction between a mobile and fixed user like there was on DII. You are silly a MODNet user. What changes is the device you use to access MODNet, be it a UAD, laptop, tablet, smartphone etc.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So they take away my uad when they give me the laptop?

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
No not at all. You can have either, both or multiple devices. On DII if you where purely mobile your account was changed to reflect that. This caused issues if you tried to log into a UAD. On MODNet there is no such distinction. We have users here that have a UAD on their desk, a laptop for mobile use, an iPhone and a tablet for field work. All can be used at the same time.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Some users do not have the option; some ABW teams do not have desk top UADs for anyone except visitors, everybody uses mobiles with docking stations on the desk for when in office.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Yes they want to take away the uad. Which is a bit of a pain.