• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moderator Schmoderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
Fully concur with MM/SB etc: As an ex serviceman I found that reading the various threads and banter from others brought back all the good times and jogged my memory on war stories I had forgotten. Keep up the good work and don't let the winging get you down, you know the old saying "when an airman stops winging, start worrying" (or something like that).

terence

Corporal
You are doing allright.

You are doing allright.

UOTE=wobbly;139366]To be honest fella I feel I have neglected the Goat as of late. I feel all the hard work the mods and myself have done over the past 2 years is slowly being turned on its head. The place used to be a fun place to be, a sort of 'get-away' from the humdrum of being in the RAF PLC of today. A place whereas we could go online and be in the RAF of yesteryear where crewroom banter and camaraderie were the most important thing rather than budget restraints, TLA's, H&S, and all the other crap the RAF stands for today.

The only reason I can be bothered today is that a small minority of the members and mods make me chuckle and bring back some good old memories of what it used to be like being a part of a happy,close knit unit. I just think a large majority of the newer members need to take a step back and either 'get a life' and relax a bit and enjoy a website that should be used for fun and serious discussion rather than using it to constantly bleat. I'm not saying that you shouldn't vent your spleen every once in a while but try and realise that constantly reading moan after moan (and in real life I'm very good at that at work) gets you down and with it brings the goat down too. Nobody wants to read that trash over and over again on every thread they visit. Lighten up for gods sake and lets get the goat back on track........I bet if you ask the community they would probably back me up on this no end.

And Seymour, no probs fella. Glad that I could enlighten you on the mod processes.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of my old crewroom at Brize in the early 70,s.A good place to unwind and have a laugh at the same time.WELL DONE LADS AND LASSES.

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
Stick it out

Stick it out

There are still a lot of good threads in amongst the droll.
It is a good mix of topics.
I find it great to have a bleat about something, but also revel in the past and the life in a crewroom.

For many of us this is all we get now as there are fewer "T-Breaks" and crewrooms have become conference rooms for us non line lot.
It is great to keep up to date with other people of my trade.

I will try to whinge less.........many thanks.

Northern Monkey

Corporal
Judging by the figures quoted by wobbly I would hardly say e-goat is majority techie (and so what if it was).
The mod's are doing an important 'behind-the-scenes' job which I don't wish to do, but which they have taken on in their spare time (and work time!). For that reason I appreciate their efforts.
I appreciate having this site and so do many others looking at the comments so far.

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
Right on Wobbly! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

I like the goat because its like having an encyclopedia of the mob and its various little ways and differences at your fingertips.
If you have a question it can usually be answered honestly and accurately and advice is always forthcoming, whether you want it or not!
I also like the fight club. Funny as you like! Its good sometimes to have a good banter a rip it out of someone. If you're easily offended dont read it??!!
I agree with the comment about whinging though. There is a hell of a lot of it at the moment. People seem to eager to jump upon one another (ooerr!) as well for sometimes no apparent reason. Perhaps its because black and white doesnt convey the tone of voice as well and sometimes sarcasm/wit is taken in the wrong context?
Still, good work from the mods and thanks to the founder members for bringing us our own T-bar!!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Absolutely 100% agree with you MM, as someone who has passed the mandatory military retirement age, and with a “few” Blue Suit years in the bank, I have numerous stories from the “Cold War” era which I occasionally like to share on the Goat.

However, it is apparent that from some of the replies I have seen from a few of my posts, that a minority of the newer members of the RAF can only see in their mind, a ‘winging civvie’ who has never been to the ‘sharp end’. I admit, I have never been on the wrong end of an attack by the Mad Mullahs in Sandy Land (and I have total respect for those who have done OOA tours out there), but I have gone through the times of Russian Bears, Minivals, Maxivals and Tacevals by the score, tours in the UK and overseas where the IRA where trying their best to blow you up and I have also frozen my ass off down The Falklands.

So, you young Goaters, next time you want to have a crude laugh at my expense and the many fellow Goaters who are in the same position as I am, just for once stop and have a read again of our posts, you never know, you just might learn something that could be useful for you on your next posting or promotion.

And Wobbly, don’t get desponded, ignore the puerile attempts at humour by the minority of cretins on the site and remember how much joy, fun and pleasure the Goat gives the rest of us.

P

pie sandwich

Well C.S

your damn right I will have a crude laugh at you, bloody coffin dodger:pDT_Xtremez_30:

P

pie sandwich

Argh, cut to the quick by your lightning fast, highly articulate repartee!

You should see my highly articulate repartee in action I can beat James tiberius kirk any day with the ladies:pDT_Xtremez_31:

But iam better at taking the micky out of old duffers

skevans

Flight Sergeant
First of all I would like to say that I have written a PM to LisaB saying how sorry I am that she feels this has been a personal dig at her. It was never meant to be and I would like to publicly state to LisaB now that I am truly sorry and didn't mean to hurt her feelings.

I would also like to apologise to Wobbly and the team. I did not have the intention of upsetting you either.

I am amazed at all the things I have been called either directly through PM, by posts on this thread, and inferred comments in others. My intention was solely to ask how mods have been chosen, why and by whom. I had been wondering this when I came across a post by LisaB and noticed her moderator tag. This prompted me to type my post using LisaB as a comparrison to myself. It could have been anyone, but it was LisaB as her details were on the screen in front of me.

I accept that there is a balanced moderating team now that the information has been supplied to me. However last night when I typed the original post I could only recall the names of techies.

I would like to clarify that I have not in over 800 posts ever had a bad word to say about the team behind the e-goat, nor have I ever taken part in trade bashing. I support the team behind this site and have said so many times. I do not do trade bashing because I feel that every trade has an important role to play, something that I have also stated many times. I am also suprised by the myriad of replies/PM's that have a dig at me for whingeing and dragging this site down over the past few months. I am extremelly sorry if any of you feel that I have personally set out to drag the e-goat to it's knees, and I shall now look over all my posts for evidence to support this, because I do not remember whingeing or moaning about this site at any point.

NO. I wasnt p***ed last night. It was an honest question that had obviously occurred to other people as well. Now I am vilified for asking it.

So the bottom line is that I'm sorry for upsetting what would seem to be the entire e-goat community, but most especially LisaB, Wobbly and all the team.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
No worries fella, you are long standing member who usually posts good content ;)

Maybe I took it the wrong way and misinterpreted your post as a dig and for this I'm sorry.

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
No worries fella, you are long standing member who usually posts good content ;)

Maybe I took it the wrong way and misinterpreted your post as a dig and for this I'm sorry.
Get a fekkin room you loved up pair of ****s

Hope that helps

Hu

Status
Not open for further replies.