• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moderator Schmoderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

skevans

Flight Sergeant
To begin with; This is not sour grapes.

Nor is it a personal dig at lisa B.

I just fail to undertand the way that this site operates.

Lets look at some facts.

LisaB Joined 09/06; Skev joine 07/06. Two months before for Skev.

LisaB has 18 original threads; Skev has 25. Seven more for Skev.

LisaB has 651 posts as a civvie; Skev has 829 as a serving NCO with an OOA between joining date and today.

LisaB has donated £0 (despite the tag); Skev has donated £125.

Lisab is not a subscriber; Skev is.

LisaB has been a mod for months; Skev has never been approached or encouraged to try for this role.

As I said it's not a personal attack on LisaB, but how can this be right if we are to be seen as equals?

Once again the techie trades run roughshod over the rest of us.

I'm not asking to be a mod, but I am asking for equality amongst techie/non techie trades; have the RAF sunk so low that it doesn't even recognise non techie tradesmen.

How many Mods are techies, and how many aren't?????

S

Seymour Tw@tt

To begin with; This is not sour grapes.

Nor is it a personal dig at lisa B.

I just fail to undertand the way that this site operates.

Lets look at some facts.

LisaB Joined 09/06; Skev joine 07/06. Two months before for Skev.

LisaB has 18 original threads; Skev has 25. Seven more for Skev.

LisaB has 651 posts as a civvie; Skev has 829 as a serving NCO with an OOA between joining date and today.

LisaB has donated £0 (despite the tag); Skev has donated £125.

Lisab is not a subscriber; Skev is.

LisaB has been a mod for months; Skev has never been approached or encouraged to try for this role.

As I said it's not a personal attack on LisaB, but how can this be right if we are to be seen as equals?

Once again the techie trades run roughshod over the rest of us.

I'm not asking to be a mod, but I am asking for equality amongst techie/non techie trades; have the RAF sunk so low that it doesn't even recognise non techie tradesmen.

How many Mods are techies, and how many aren't?????

Not sour grapes from me either, mate. What I'd like to know are the following:

1 - How is it decided who are going to be moderators?

2 - Who decides who is going to be a moderator?

3 - What are the criteria for moderators?

4 - Why isn't this procedure made common knowledge for Goat members? Transparency is a must, surely? A breakdown of the mod set-up would be good to see. (Trades, ranks, etc)

Just my tenpennorth, mind. Nothing personal, etc etc...

:pDT_Xtremez_27:

Last edited:

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Yet another dig at the way we do things? Ho Hum, getting abit tedious this site nowadays with all the complaining and such like :(

Right, now this may be my fault. Last year, as you know Skev we got hacked. Before that I had just put up a forum explaining how we done things as per moderators so it may have been lost.

I will re-do this tonight sometime when I finish shift.

Right, for starters, if you knew the E-Goat history you would realise that E-Goat started off back in September 2005 as a forum for 24/30 Sqn as an internet version of their rag mag which was called the orbiting goat. The electronic version was dreamt up by Bitburger and myself, and after we had the website up and running Sausage2 came on board, who was also a SNCO on the Squadron. After a few months and a post on PPRUNE a lot of other Lyneham personnel joined and the community started to grow and the E-Goat The totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network was born.

So for you to have a stab at the Goat and its techie founders for no reason at all is bang out of order.

Anyway
  • Moderators are VOLUNTEERS. We have only asked one or two to be a moderator to cover some areas such as recruiting but the rest have offered their services.
  • We only accept moderators that have over 400 posts. This allows us to determine if the person is suitable to be a mod.
  • Solid contributers and people that have helped with our charity drives in public (LisaB) are most likely to succeed in becoming a mod.
  • When people apply to be a Mod your name goes into the moderator "Mod Consideration" forum where things are discussed as to their application.
  • All our mods are serving or ex RAF.
  • We presently have a team of 26 mods (about 7 inactive due to Ops). These consists of JNCOS' SNCOS' WO'S, Commisioned Officers & Civvies (SEE ABOVE). They also consist of Medics/Nurses, Regiment, Techies, Ops Bods, Admin, TCO's, Intel and many others. Approx 35% are techies.........
So as you can see, its not a techie dominated site as you seem to think. I don't know if this was PUP (Pi**ed Up Posting) but when said and done, if you want to become a mod then all you have to do is ask and it will be considered by the myself and the moderators. Please note that this isn't a kangaroo court but a consideration on your past posts and contrbutions.

I hope this has explained some stuff but please don't forget the whole point of e-goat. Its not an official website, it was made by myself with the help of the people who became members from the very start to have a laugh on. Lately I haven't even been bothered to read the website and just look after the upkeep and the support/help. The reason for this is I think the later joining members have turned it into a whinge for Britain site instead of using it to have a laugh and chat about things in general.

So, lighten up. E-Goat isn't a crusade to get one over every non techie, its a site for like minded people who, like me, seem to think that the RAF has lost its sense of humour since the end of the cold war.

Firemen, Scribblies, Movers, Rocks, Stackers, coppers, Ops, Aircrew, Medics, TEchies RAFP and all the rest..........we bat for the same team so I couldn't give a hoot about what trade you are as long as you can laugh at life and yourself. If you can then your a goodun in my eyes.

So, I have work to do out on the cold Flightline so if you would excuse me :)

Last edited by a moderator:

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Oh wait a minute, I found the post I was talking about. Its the one at the top of this very forum called "Moderator Candidates"

Please see here : Posted back in August 2006 might I add. I have added some more stuff to it to answer your questions.

Please click here and look at the top of the forum, the only stickied post in the forum

http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Now click below to se what was written, along with the new addition.

http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=27716#post27716

Hmm, you make me mad (BA Baracus) :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Look before you leap springs to mind!!!!

Last edited:
S

Seymour Tw@tt

The last thing I want to be accused of here is mod bashing - having been a mod on a website I know first hand how bloody hard it is to keep a forum running. So - first off, I want to say thanks to the mods as a whole for helping keep the Goat running.

However - I suspect that maybe a few contributors here just wanted to have some things confirmed for them on the mod front. Surely it's a better thing that those of us who value the Goat and the ability to make opinions, have banter and even show concern for our RAF have that access to do so. Not everyone is as upfront as some of us for asking these sorts of questions.

Cheers m'dears

ST :pDT_Xtremez_19:

P

pie sandwich

Skev, you did forget to say lisab cant make a brew to save her life apart from that stop moaning,

end of the day who cares who is a mod, just as long as they do a good job, thats whats important.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
I hope to god this was ****ed up posting!

Oh and Wobbly you didnt mention your most important Mod who is a copper, I am deeply offended and demand an explanation into how this occured ::p:

Wobbly Edit : Sorry chip mate, you are mentioned on the main "Moderator Info" page mentioned above.....gimme a break, its was early hours of the morning :)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Masked Geek

I hope to god this was ****ed up posting!

Oh and Wobbly you didnt mention your most important Mod who is a copper, I am deeply offended and demand an explanation into how this occured ::p:

I imagine any replies to this will feature in Pigs Bar. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Nurses got a mention though, however having been at Halton (pre nursing) it wasnt unusual to see a copper under a nurse (you jammie feckers)

Think the boss says it all we are not the 'chosen elite' but a wide spectrum of RAF Trades willing to give up their own time to help ensure the site runs smoothly (plus a miriad of other things). As chip said hope you had had a few sherberts before having a bash.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Nurses got a mention though, however having been at Halton (pre nursing) it wasnt unusual to see a copper under a nurse (you jammie feckers)

Think the boss says it all we are not the 'chosen elite' but a wide spectrum of RAF Trades willing to give up their own time to help ensure the site runs smoothly (plus a miriad of other things). As chip said hope you had had a few sherberts before having a bash.

You want to rephrase that Penfold me old mucka !! :pDT_Xtremez_17:

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
If you read that statement you will notice i said pre nursing, have not always been a nursey was a diff trade first

rhino

LAC
thank feck

thank feck

Im new and Im not a whinging git.....yet

Mods, go get em, do what the feck you like, I dont care about all that democracy and transparency bollox.

Just want to mainly read, have a laugh and now and again pop in and post a message

wolfy

Warrant Officer
Nice to know how mods are selected as I hadn't found previous links before, as i thought you were approached by the Modifa.

N

NotAnIDOYet

Nice to know how mods are selected as I hadn't found previous links before, as i thought you were approached by the Modifa.

Me too, thought there was a whole satanic ritual chicken slaying rite of passage!

Only another 40 posts til I can apply though!:pDT_Xtremez_32:

P

PLC1966

Lately I haven't even been bothered to read the website and just look after the upkeep and the support/help. The reason for this is I think the later joining members have turned it into a whinge for Britain site instead of using it to have a laugh and chat about things in general.

To be honest, really sorry to read that.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
To be honest fella I feel I have neglected the Goat as of late. I feel all the hard work the mods and myself have done over the past 2 years is slowly being turned on its head. The place used to be a fun place to be, a sort of 'get-away' from the humdrum of being in the RAF PLC of today. A place whereas we could go online and be in the RAF of yesteryear where crewroom banter and camaraderie were the most important thing rather than budget restraints, TLA's, H&S, and all the other crap the RAF stands for today.

The only reason I can be bothered today is that a small minority of the members and mods make me chuckle and bring back some good old memories of what it used to be like being a part of a happy,close knit unit. I just think a large majority of the newer members need to take a step back and either 'get a life' and relax a bit and enjoy a website that should be used for fun and serious discussion rather than using it to constantly bleat. I'm not saying that you shouldn't vent your spleen every once in a while but try and realise that constantly reading moan after moan (and in real life I'm very good at that at work) gets you down and with it brings the goat down too. Nobody wants to read that trash over and over again on every thread they visit. Lighten up for gods sake and lets get the goat back on track........I bet if you ask the community they would probably back me up on this no end.

And Seymour, no probs fella. Glad that I could enlighten you on the mod processes.

Last edited:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Personally, It's the reason I joined. A wider crewroom community talking (funny) sh1t and having some laughs. Sometimes it's almost like a cold war days crewroom in here.
You've done a good job here mate, don't lose heart. E-Goat is something very special....... besides just think how busy it keeps the coppers trying to find out if S2 is a bigger serial killer than Harold shipman !! :pDT_Xtremez_31:
Keep up the good work ! I for one appreciate all your efforts and I know I'm not alone !

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Right on Wobbly! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

I like the goat because its like having an encyclopedia of the mob and its various little ways and differences at your fingertips.

If you have a question it can usually be answered honestly and accurately and advice is always forthcoming, whether you want it or not!

I also like the fight club. Funny as you like! Its good sometimes to have a good banter a rip it out of someone. If you're easily offended dont read it??!!

I agree with the comment about whinging though. There is a hell of a lot of it at the moment. People seem to eager to jump upon one another (ooerr!) as well for sometimes no apparent reason. Perhaps its because black and white doesnt convey the tone of voice as well and sometimes sarcasm/wit is taken in the wrong context?

Still, good work from the mods and thanks to the founder members for bringing us our own T-bar!!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Right on Wobbly! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

I like the goat because its like having an encyclopedia of the mob and its various little ways and differences at your fingertips.

If you have a question it can usually be answered honestly and accurately and advice is always forthcoming, whether you want it or not!

I also like the fight club. Funny as you like! Its good sometimes to have a good banter a rip it out of someone. If you're easily offended dont read it??!!

I agree with the comment about whinging though. There is a hell of a lot of it at the moment. People seem to eager to jump upon one another (ooerr!) as well for sometimes no apparent reason. Perhaps its because black and white doesnt convey the tone of voice as well and sometimes sarcasm/wit is taken in the wrong context?

Still, good work from the mods and thanks to the founder members for bringing us our own T-bar!!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Top post MM, echoed in spades!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Status
Not open for further replies.