• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MOD Accomodation charges

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If proven this could open a rather large can of costly worms as the claim is that singly accomodation charges have been subsidising married and old folk for years.

"Solicitors at Leigh Day argue the policy discriminates against younger or single troops who have been 'effectively subsidising' the MoD housing system to 'provide cheaper rent' to older or married troops. .............. 'It is totally unfair that so many younger or unmarried members of the armed forces have been effectively subsidising the MoD's policy to provide cheaper rent to those who are older or married,..........'The Ministry of Defence has made some progress tackling the unfairness in its housing policies, but it is highly unlikely to compensate people for their losses unless they bring a legal claim against it."

*the pic of Army single accomodation !! surely hardly any look like that and really that much space!*

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm hearing you have to be currently living in to join the claim.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm hearing you have to be currently living in to join the claim.
Oh well as someone who was a long term singly there was a chance! But if that's true the cheque is not in the post for me.