• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Microsoft's discounts, etc?

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
From time to time, I have seen references to the "generosity" of Messrs Microsoft towards the Service and /or charitable endeavours.

My local spacies are getting some new computers (ten, I think) but they will have no operating system. So it's either go and buy ten packets from PC World or wherever, or maybe one with a site licence.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to see if it's possible for an ATC Squadron?
Who do we talk to please?

[as an aside, I'd have thought that someone in either Cranwell HQ or even local Wing HQ would have had this sort of problem sorted, but that too much to hope for (rush everything for the computer-based learning, regardless of how many squadrons don't have either PC or even an phone line)].

worse case you can buy it thru works, search Defence Intranet for SABS, cant remember all the details but it is around £10 for three licences of operating system.

Toonman

SAC
I would have thought that you may be eligible for student and teacher discounts.
Try writing to...

Microsoft Address
Microsoft UK headquarters
Microsoft Campus
Thames Valley Park
Reading, Berkshire, RG6 1WG

or try contacting Customer Services on

0844 800 24 00